- Vladivostok, Russia
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Vladivostok: Russia and the Asia-Pacific is for adventurous students looking to understand a vital part of Russia that few understand – or even know about. This program mixes Russian language with history, economy, history, and international relations. It will also place you face-to-face to local students to discuss their perceptions of their homelands, their hopes for the future, and their concerns for the present. You'll gain a wider, fuller, first-hand perspective on Russia and geopolitics for your future in government, business, or academia. Stay for an optional second semester for continued language study and hands-on learning.
Included is tuition for study, dormitory accommodation, visa and registration, pre-departure materials, local orientation, health and accident insurance, cultural program, round-trip airport transfers, SRAS in-country support, and use of a mobile telephone for the duration of the program.
- Setting Description:
- The Russian Far East places you in one of the least understood yet vital portions of Russia's vast expanse. Russia's Far East is important as a transportation hub for exporting resources abroad and importing the foreign goods on which Russia's economy is dependent. Home to important Russian military and naval bases, the region is also troubled by a declining population, aging infrastructure, environmental issues, and tensions between the Russians, the indigenous peoples and sizeable Asian communities. An anthropology-intensive track is available for advanced Russian speakers.
- See the SRAS website for the most up-to-date information.
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- SRAS offers two funding opportunities: Challenge Grants:Writing grants; stackable grants; matching grants; alumni grants; military grants; and more! Home and Abroad: Add a resume-building internship and up to $10,000 in funding to your SRAS program.