The Doctor of Psychology in Clinical Psychology or PsyD program is designed to educate and train future clinical psychologists.
- Springfield, United States
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Clinical Psychology
- Program Description:
- The Doctor of Psychology in Clinical Psychology or PsyD program is a doctoral program in clinical psychology designed to educate and train future clinical psychologists. The degree program requires completion of 126 credit hours of classroom and clinical experience, completion of a dissertation and clinical internship experience. Students may choose between a number of core concentrations including Child and Adolescent Psychology, Forensic Psychology, Neuropsychology, and Primary Care Psychology. Forest also provides a Dual degree program allowing students in the PsyD program to obtain their Master of Arts in Clinical Psychology (MACL) en route to the doctorate. The credit hours required for the MACL are gained simultaneously with completion of doctoral credit requirements. This option includes the further addition of a Master's Thesis and allows students the opportunity to gain licensure at the Master's level prior to completion of the doctorate.
Additional Program Information
- The Doctor of Psychology (PsyD) in Clinical Psychology Degree has been accredited by the Commission on Accreditation (CoA) of the American Psychological Association since 1994, and is currently "Accredited." Questions, public comments or concerns related to the program's accredited status should be directed to the Commission on Accreditation:
- Financial Aid:
- Requirements for the PsyD and Dual Degree Programs can be found at http://forest.edu/ad-req-psyd.aspx.
- International Requirements:
- Students making application to the program are required to complete and submit their scores for the Verbal, Quantitative and Analytical sections of the GRE. International applicants, who do not hold a United States undergraduate degree and whose native language is not English, are required to submit their TOEFL scores. Forest's code number for forwarding GRE and TOEFL results is 8525.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program