Students combine historic textile processes and traditions with emerging technologies and ideas from many disciplines.
- Savannah, United States
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Fashion, Retail & Merchandising
- Program Description:
- SCAD offers one of the foremost fibers programs in the United States, with the most full-time faculty and the largest dedicated facility. The fibers program offers a comprehensive, balanced curriculum of fine arts, studio production and design for industry, supplemented by partnerships with artists, designers, industry and the local community. The department is housed in an inspiring 20,000-square-foot building building with dedicated space for screenprinting, dyeing, weaving, sewing, felting and papermaking, as well as Compu-Dobby looms, an electronic Jacquard loom, a Mimaki textile printer, graduate studios and classroom spaces, a steam jacketed dye kettle, and knitting machines.
Additional Program Information
- The Savannah College of Art and Design is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
- SCAD encourages applications from students who demonstrate successful completion of appropriate coursework on the undergraduate level and adequate preparedness to undertake graduate-level study. Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree or should anticipate completion of a bachelor’s degree before enrollment in the graduate program. All applicants are evaluated individually according to previous educational experience and level of achievement. Please see website for admission information.
- International Requirements:
- SCAD welcomes students from throughout the world. Please see website for international student requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program