- Sorrento, Italy
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Fall Semester, Spring Break, Spring Semester, Summer
- Program Description:
- We at Sant'Anna are building relationships, with the world, by bringing happiness and knowledge to students from around the globe. Giving them an Italian home away from home while expanding their mind, hearts, and souls with the Italian experience for life with an education for growth. This bridge that is built between cultures opens the door for further wonderful experiences and shares some of the great pleasures of staying in Italy the year around.
We are so passionate about the importance of international education and training in a student’s academic career, and we are dedicated to doing whatever it takes to providing students with a life changing experience.
Sant'Anna Institute organizes study abroad programs in partnership with American universities. All of our courses are offered through SUNY Alfred (New York State) which is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. Non Alfred State College students can apply to transfer course credits to their home institution by requesting a SUNY Alfred transcript. Sant’Anna Institute provides undergraduate students with the best international experience. Students get to live in a foreign country while improving their linguistic and cross-cultural communication skills providing a perspective that encourages greater opportunities in the world community and enhances the student’s outlook in multiple ways. In addition, Sant'Anna Institute also provides students the chance to embark in unique internship programs with local and large corporations.
Study abroad programs in Italy have traditionally focused on the popular cultural centers of Rome, Florence, Milan, and other cities in the north of Italy. Sant’Anna Institute prides itself on offering the study abroad student an opportunity to experience the unique culture, customs and climate of southern Italy. Sant'Anna Institute-Sorrento Lingue organizes study abroad programs in partnership with American universities. All of our courses are offered through SUNY Alfred (New York State) which is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. Non Alfred State College students can apply to transfer course credits to their home institution by requesting a SUNY Alfred transcript.
- Setting Description:
- Sorrento is situated on the West coast of Italy, twenty miles South of the city of Naples, on the spectacular Amalfi Coast. Within easy reach of Sorrento are the: - stunning islands of Capri and Ischia; - baroque splendor of Naples; - majestic Greek temples at Paestum; - historic Roman ruins of Pompeii and Herculaneum; - world-famous collection at the National Archaeological Museum in Naples; - cliff hanging villages of the Amalfi Coast (i.e. Positano, Amalfi and Ravello); - world’s best known volcano, Mount Vesuvius.
- Semester Programs (Spring / Fall): 15-18 Credits Shared Apartment - Double Room - $14,200 (Includes Tuition, Housing, Services) - Single Room - $14,970 (Includes Tuition, Housing, Services) Family B&B (only breakfast) - Double Room - $12,568 (Includes Tuition, Housing, Services) - Single Room - $13,556 (Includes Tuition, Housing, Services) Family H/B (Dinner Included) - Double Room - $12,568 (Includes Tuition, Housing, Services) - Single
Based on 1 Reviews
- Internship Opportunity-Great Experience01/06/14
Through my home institution, SUNY Alfred State College, I was offered the opportunity of a lifetime to partake in a Managing Marketing Communications Internship at Sant'Anna in Sorrento, Italy. Immediately, I was given the opportunity to make an impact
as to how the school directly Markets itself. At first, this seemed very overwhelming (incorporating my goals with the school's and the timing of when they needed to get completed), but I was certainly up for the challenge. Being that I am on pace to graduate this year, this was a great way to transition from school life to work life as I begin my career. My input was listened to by all levels of administrators at Sant'Anna ranging from lower level secretaries to the President of the school, Cristiana Panicco. The moment that I stepped foot into Sant'Anna, the faculty/staff were very embracing and it provided for a great feel of family and a home away from home. I truly recommend this program to anyone interested in studying abroad. This program offers unique opportunities that will follow you for a lifetime, at a great price, and in an amazing, history filled city. In the community, people are very friendly, and after just one week, I was quickly noticed and embraced by shop owners, restaurant workers, and more. It is very easy to make friends. In regards to what may not be so great, is that Sorrento is a small town, and when negativity may occur, almost everyone knows about it. For someone coming from NYC, this is difficult because when other Americans congregate in other countries, we may be considered and labeled as loud/obnoxious/etc. It is important to keep in mind that you are not in your home country, and that you must respect the culture. Because of this it may seem as though you always have someone looking over your shoulder. However, there are plenty of ways to go out, enjoy yourself, and make great memories. On weekends, Sorrento's nightlife is thriving, even on some weekdays, so there is almost always something to do, even if it's at a local bar.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend