- Barcelona, Spain
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
SAI invites students to experience Barcelona's vibrant diversity!
SAI’s partner school, the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB), is a dynamic institution with an excellent reputation in Spain and globally. With its roots in the Catalan tradition, UAB offers a unique opportunity for study abroad students to enroll in English-taught courses in the heart of Barcelona. The hub of the study abroad program is at the Sant Pau campus, a stunning display of Catalan Modernist architecture situated in downtown Barcelona.
In addition to supporting students throughout their stay in Barcelona, SAI also coordinates a range of activities and excursions throughout the term, including a weekend trip to Seville, cooking classes, a Flamenco dance demonstration, a Barcelona scavenger hunt, and many others. Students also have access to SAI’s network of partner organizations, allowing them to take part in volunteer activities, as well as language exchange opportunities with local students and families.
SAI students at UAB join a vibrant community of visiting scholars. The majority of study abroad students attending this program at UAB are North Americans, bringing with them a wealth of curiosity about Spain and the local Catalan culture. Students benefit from the cultural richness of Barcelona, attending local events and activities organized by SAI and exploring the city independently. Students quickly find that Barcelona offers endless marvels, from strolling down the Passeig de Gràcia, to enjoying the view from Park Güell, to marveling at the organic architectural shapes of the Sagrada Familia, Antoni Gaudi’s unfinished masterpiece.
- Setting Description:
- The Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB) was founded in 1968 and is well known for its international profile. Courses are now taught in English and Spanish. UAB is a young, dynamic institution, and is among the best universities in Spain, both for the quality of its teaching staff and for its excellent research.
- WHAT’S INCLUDED -15 weeks in Barcelona -Academic courses offered in English; no language requirement -Tuition -U.S. academic credit for up to 15 credits -Student housing: carefully selected living accommodations in clean, pleasant city center apartments -Pre-Departure Services -Admission services: course enrollment through housing assignment from our U.S. Office providing friendly, professional assistance
Additional Program Information
Based on 3 Reviews
- Best Semester of My College Career11/04/19I had am amazing experience abroad thanks to SAI. I was able to travel every weekend and also learn about the local culture in Barcelona because of the help of the SAI program coordinators.Bottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- Great Program!04/09/19
I am so glad I chose SAI to study abroad with. It was so small and personalised which I loved. You really get a chance to connect with everyone in SAI on day trips and even an overnight trip. My favorite activity we did as a group was the Cooking Class,
anyone considering taking a cooking class abroad I really recommend it!!read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- excellent!12/26/14its informative,creates an awareness for young and aspiring scholars to explore the beauty of studying abroadBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend