- Rome, Italy
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
SAI invites students to experience the sweep of Italian history by spending a semester in the heart of Rome! In partnership with John Cabot University (JCU), SAI offers students the opportunity to pursue an exceptional academic and cultural education in one of the most inspiring cities in the world. JCU is accredited in the U.S. by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, and offers a liberal arts curriculum taught entirely in English. The school draws professors from around the world who are committed to a multicultural environment, and to imparting a global understanding.
Fall and spring semester elective programs are available for students wishing to earn between 12 -17 US credits.
SAI oversees and coordinates all aspects of student enrollment, including application processing, course selection and credit, housing, visa advising, student health insurance, and transcripts. In addition, SAI provides comprehensive student services, from the moment of application, through the on-site experience, until students return home.
- Setting Description:
- Rome has been called the "Eternal City" for good reason. For over two thousand years Rome has been a nexus of culture and commerce; a city that has beguiled visitors and locals alike. It's a world-class city where innovative thinking thrives in a bustling urban environment, and history comes alive on every street corner. Because of the city’s unique character, Rome offers unparalleled opportunities for the study abroad visitor. Especially for students who are studying Italian Language and Culture, visiting Rome offers the academic adventure of a lifetime.
Based on 5 Reviews
- MOST AMAZING EXPERIENCE!01/09/19
I was so nervous before studying abroad. I had never been to Europe and did not know what to expect. The SAI program was very welcoming and always made us feel comfortable. We got to go on amazing trips with the groups and made lots of new friends. I
would do it over again, if I could.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- Amazing07/18/18It was amazingBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- Life Changing06/21/17
Everyone who goes abroad can expect the experience of a lifetime. My experience was no different! From swimming in the ocean in Positano, Italy to drinking beer and eating pretzels in Munich for Oktoberfest, I have made memories that I will cherish for
a lifetime. While abroad, your experience is truly what you make it but the amount of support and guidance I received from SAI allowed me to take full advantage of every opportunity!read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- You will never eat better in your life06/21/17
I would say my study abroad experience was unlike many other peoples, I quickly became friends with degree seekers at the university which furthered my cultural immersion in Rome but also introduced me to people from all around the world. John Cabot is
a very international school with a good ratio of study abroad to degree seekers, the location of the University and the SAI housing and apartments was very central and in one of the most beautiful areas of Rome. SAI also provided a multitude of program activities such as cooking classes, city tours and a 3 day excursion all costs included !!!! The food in Italy is a huge perk, it is the freshest best quality food you will get anywhere and it is pretty cheap if you know to avoid the touristy areas. Choosing Rome and John Cabot as my study abroad destination was one of the best decisions I have ever made, it was one year of living the true Italian bella vita and I wouldn't have traded it for any other experience.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- 11/1006/06/17Had an incredible time with SAI in Rome for an entire year and recommend it to all of my friends! Loved every second of this experience and SAI definitely made it an enjoyable experience!!Bottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend