- Rome, Italy
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
- SAI offers summer and semester programs in collaboration with John Cabot University. JCU is an American university located in the historic Trastevere section of Rome; from this vantage, the splendors of the city are withing walking distance. JCU welcomes students coming from all over the world and offers courses in a variety of subjects, including Business and Economics, Political Science, Classical Studies, and many others.
SAI Programs is proud to offer US students the opportunity to attend John Cabot University. JCU is a four-year American university located in Trastevere, a charming and historic neighborhood in the heart of Rome. Students from all over the world come to JCU for a semester abroad, summer session, or to pursue their Bachelor of Arts degrees in Arts and Humanities, Social Sciences or International Business. Founded in 1972, today JCU is a unique, accredited independent university with American roots and a distinctively international character. John Cabot students come from all over the world. At any given time, approximately 50 different countries are represented. People from varied backgrounds, different faiths, all continents and all races make up the student body and provide a rich and unique opportunity for true international communication and understanding.
Program cost includes the following items: enrollment (including application, course selection and credit transfer), housing, student health insurance, transcripts, and cell phone service. SAI also provides comprehensive student services, beginning at the pre-departure stage and leading to SAI on-site orientation and advising in Italy.
- Setting Description:
- Rome has been called the "Eternal City" for good reason. For over two thousand years Rome has been a nexus of culture and commerce; a city that has beguiled visitors and locals alike. It's a world-class city where innovative thinking thrives in a bustling urban environment, and history comes alive on every street corner. Because of the city’s unique character, Rome offers unparalleled opportunities for the study abroad visitor. Especially for students who are studying Italian Language and Culture, visiting Rome offers the academic adventure of a lifetime.
Based on 3 Reviews
- Life Changing06/21/17
Everyone who goes abroad can expect the experience of a lifetime. My experience was no different! From swimming in the ocean in Positano, Italy to drinking beer and eating pretzels in Munich for Oktoberfest, I have made memories that I will cherish for
a lifetime. While abroad, your experience is truly what you make it but the amount of support and guidance I received from SAI allowed me to take full advantage of every opportunity!read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- You will never eat better in your life06/21/17
I would say my study abroad experience was unlike many other peoples, I quickly became friends with degree seekers at the university which furthered my cultural immersion in Rome but also introduced me to people from all around the world. John Cabot is
a very international school with a good ratio of study abroad to degree seekers, the location of the University and the SAI housing and apartments was very central and in one of the most beautiful areas of Rome. SAI also provided a multitude of program activities such as cooking classes, city tours and a 3 day excursion all costs included !!!! The food in Italy is a huge perk, it is the freshest best quality food you will get anywhere and it is pretty cheap if you know to avoid the touristy areas. Choosing Rome and John Cabot as my study abroad destination was one of the best decisions I have ever made, it was one year of living the true Italian bella vita and I wouldn't have traded it for any other experience.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- 11/1006/06/17Had an incredible time with SAI in Rome for an entire year and recommend it to all of my friends! Loved every second of this experience and SAI definitely made it an enjoyable experience!!Bottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend