- Aachen, Germany
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Engineering, Engineering
- Program Description:
At RWTH Aachen University, you will be exposed to the most advanced techniques in the field of mechanical engineering, presented by internationally known specialists, in an environment focusing on your intellectual, professional and personal advancement.
Robotic technology and cyber-physical systems are widely applied in different ways, such as industrial machines, automobiles, (micro)-electric industries, as well as aerospace and air transport industries. Our M.Sc. Robotic Systems Engineering is tailored for robotic specialists and provides outstanding education in the fields of mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, and computer sciences. The program features two main themes:
1) The optimal application of robots
2) The development and construction of new robotic systems.
Bridging gaps between engineering disciplines, this Master’s degree program offers you a unique learning environment and a multidisciplinary education that will enable you to develop innovative and intelligent robotic solutions and systems to meet today's most pressing global challenges: industrial productivity, energy efficiency, environmental responsibility, health care issues, and mobility services.
Master's graduates of Robotic Systems Engineering will be qualified to work in a multitude of different areas of industry, in research institutes or as engineering consultants. With their broad knowledge in design, manufacturing, production, planning and management, they are especially well prepared to perform interdisciplinary work.
They will be the link between "pure" scientists and engineers in an interdisciplinary workgroup. They will be prepared to cope with new application problems by being trained in analysis and diagnosis of engineering problems, as well as in methods of prescribing solutions. In granting the RWTH Master's Degree, the program gives graduates a degree that is recognized worldwide and qualifies one for further PhD studies.
This Master’s degree program is a two-year (4 semesters) full-time study program worth 120 credit points.
Main topics in the curriculum are computer vision, multi body dynamics, machine learning, advanced robot kinematics and dynamics, simulation, robotic sensor systems, advanced machine learning, mechatronics and control techniques for production plants, automation technology for production systems, technology management, and industrial logistics.
Interdisciplinary Teaching and Learning
The M.Sc. Robotic Systems Engineering is a specialized interdisciplinary program led by the Department of Mechanism Theory and Dynamics of Machines at the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering. In line with this interdisciplinary approach, lectures and courses are also offered by departments from the Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology, the Faculty of Mathematics, Computer Science and Natural Sciences, as well as the School of Business and Economics at RWTH Aachen.
After graduating from this program, you can pursue a career in traditional manufacturing companies, such as in the mobility and energy sector, in logistics and distribution firms, in construction or financial institutions, in food, health care or medical establishments. With your broad knowledge in manufacturing, automation, design, production, and management, robotics specialists are well equipped to perform interdisciplinary work and are ready to take leading positions in the industry.
- 2-year program (4 semesters)
- 120 credit points
- Master of Science - M.Sc. (RWTH Aachen)
- Fees: 4,900 EUR per semester
- Start: Every year in October
- Application Deadline: March, 1 of each year for international students and July, 15 for EU/ German students.
- Setting Description:
- Aachen is a safe, open-minded, multicultural student city, located right at the “Border Triangle”, where the borders of Germany, Belgium, and the Netherlands meet. One of the many attractions of living in this area are the short travel distances to cities such as Amsterdam, Brussels, Cologne or even Paris. Living costs in Aachen are low in comparison to other European or German cities. In big cities like Munich, Hamburg or Cologne, rents are much higher than in Aachen. The historic city center of Aachen looks back on a history of thousands of years, with the imperial cathedral as its focal point.
- 4,900 EUR. Tuition fee: 4,900 EUR per semester (19,600 EUR in total; 4 semester regular study period) Semester fee at RWTH Aachen University: around 245 EUR per semester
Additional Program Information
- RWTH Aachen University and RWTH International Academy's partner for certification of quality management systems in systems accreditation is 'ASIIN e.V.' This accreditation agency for degree programs sets standards for programs in engineering, computer science, natural sciences, mathematics, and teaching qualifications. All master programs offered in cooperation with the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering of RWTH Aachen University and RWTH International Academy have been accreditated by ASIIN. The accreditation needs to be updated at regular intervals to ensure a continuous level of quality maintenance and improvement.
- Applicants wishing to enter the M.Sc. Robotic Systems Engineering should meet the following requirements: • Bachelor of Engineering or Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline, such as Automotive, Aerospace or Energy Engineering, Manufacturing, Structural, Industrial or Production Engineering, awarded by an internationally recognized university-level institution • Very good performance in your undergraduate studies • Fundamental knowledge in the following subjects: Mathematics, Numerical Mathematics, Physics, Mechanics, Machine Design, Electronics, Material Sciences, Thermodynamics, Manufacturing Technology, Structural Design, Computer-aided Design. Furthermore in: Informatics, Software Techniques, Programming, Sensor Techniques, FEM, Multi-Body Simulation, Control Engineering, Simulation Methods, Mechatronics • Curriculum Vitae (CV) • Letter of Intent • University Transcript of Records (if possible with a conversion of your credit points in ECTS) • University Degree Certificate • Proof of English Language Proficiency (e.g. IELTS, TOEFL) • Two Letters of Recommendation • Digital Photograph • Proof of practical work experience, at least 6 months by 1 March • APS
- Scholarships Description:
- For a comprehensive overview of possible scholarships, please see our website.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program