- Aachen, Germany
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Engineering, Engineering
- Program Description:
Computer Aided Conception and Production in Mechanical Engineering at RWTH
At RWTH Aachen University, students will be exposed to the most advanced techniques in the field of mechanical engineering, presented by internationally known specialists, in an environment focusing on your intellectual, professional and personal advancement.
Profound skills in computer-aided methods are of growing importance for every engineer in all fields of professional activity. The MSc in Computer Aided Conception and Production in Mechanical Engineering (CAME) at the RWTH Aachen University addresses specifically the purposes of the practicing mechanical engineer.
Students may choose between two specializations - one design-oriented and one production-oriented - to fit your personal interest best. Students choose to pursue either the "Conception of Machines" or the "Production of Machines" specialization. Both specializations consist of lectures and practice elements, such as exercises and laboratory sessions, during which students are exposed to the most advanced techniques in the field.
In addition, an industrial internship and a research project work (Mini Thesis) are an integral part of each study track. The Master Thesis concludes the four-semester study program to be awarded the Master of Science degree from the RWTH Aachen University.
Application Deadlines: Non-EU Applicants: December 1 - March 1 | EU Applicants: March 2 - July 15
As a CAME Graduate you will
▶ design, apply and optimize cutting-edge computer modeling to the development of high-tech products
▶ implement computer simulation software and programs to enhance mechanical designs and production
▶ land top jobs in research institutes or the industry in the field of CAD, CAE, consulting and engineering
- Setting Description:
- Aachen is a safe, open-minded, multicultural student city, located right at the “Border Triangle”, where the borders of Germany, Belgium, and the Netherlands meet. One of the many attractions of living in this area are the short travel distances to cities such as Amsterdam, Brussels, Cologne or even Paris. The living costs in Aachen are low in comparison to other European or German cities. In big cities like Munich, Hamburg or Cologne, rents are much higher than in Aachen. The historic city center of Aachen looks back on a history of thousands of years, with the imperial cathedral as its focal point.
- 22,000 EUR. Tuition fee: 5,500 euros per semester (22,000 euros in total; 4 semester regular study period) Semester fee at the RWTH Aachen University: around 300 EUR per semester Apply until January 15th for an Early Bird Discount of 10% (only fully finished applicaitons)
Additional Program Information
- RWTH Aachen University and RWTH International Academy's partner for certification of quality management systems in systems accreditation is 'ASIIN e.V.' This accreditation agency for degree programs sets standards for programs in engineering, computer science, natural sciences, mathematics, and teaching qualifications. All Master's programs offered in cooperation with the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering of RWTH Aachen and RWTH International Academy have been accredited by ASIIN. The accreditation needs to be updated at regular intervals to ensure a continuous level of quality maintenance and improvement.
- Applicants wishing to enter the M.Sc. Computer Aided Conception and Production in Mechanical Engineering should meet the following requirements: Bachelor of Engineering or Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline, such as Automotive, Aerospace or Energy Engineering, Manufacturing, Structural, Industrial or Production Engineering, awarded by an internationally recognized university-level institution Very good performance in your undergraduate studies Fundamental knowledge in the following subjects: mechanics, materials science, thermodynamics, machine design, informatics, mathematics, physics. Furthermore in: fluid mechanics, automatic control, finite elements, modelling, theory of vibrations, manufacturing engineering, CAD Curriculum Vitae (CV) Letter of Intent University Transcript of Records (if possible with a conversion of your credit points in ECTS) University Degree Certificate Proof of English Language Proficiency (e.g. IELTS, TOEFL) GRE (applicants from EU, EWG and Bildungsinländer are exempt!) Two Letters of Recommendation Digital Photograph Proof of practical work experience, at least 6 months by 1 March (detailing the duration and responsibilities of your work) APS
- Scholarships Description:
- We offer a scholarship (Women In Engineering) which covers 100% of the whole program tuition fee for one female per program and per year. Look at our comprehensive overview of scholarship possibilities and databases on our program pages on our website.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program