- Aachen, Germany
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Engineering Management, Engineering Management
- Program Description:
Management and Engineering in Structural Engineering and Risk Management of Industrial Facilities (MME-CONSTRUCT) is an industrial engineering Master's degree program that will train you at the interface of technology and economics. (Notice: There has been a recent change to the name of the program to better reflect the course content, the curriculum remains unchanged.)
Graduates with the expertise to understand the art of management as well as the complexities of structural engineering processes are increasingly sought after. The English-taught M.Sc. MME-CONSTRUCT is an international program, focusing on structural engineering and risk management of industrial facilities. In order to address these specific needs, this course is designed as an interdisciplinary program that includes not only technical, but also socioeconomic aspects of civil engineering.
The need for continuous education and specialization is essential for professionals looking towards career development. Especially in today’s interconnected industrial world, technically specialized engineers with business and management skills can enjoy new opportunities of employability.
The program will intensify structural engineering knowledge in subjects such as the design of industrial facilities under exceptional loading, seismic design and vulnerability assessment of structures to hazardous events. These skills in structural analysis will be enhanced by the application of innovative numerical solution methods and professional software in the field of simulation technology.
Furthermore, the consideration of interface problems between mechanical and civil engineering, representing important challenges particularly in conception and construction of industrial structures. Combined with an understanding of the social, economic and political impact of hazard events and intends to train engineers to provide holistic design solutions being able to work in both engineering and disaster management roles.
During the management training block at MSM, you will be trained in small groups to solve problems related to Risk Management, Emergency Management, Leadership and Organizational Behavior, Foundations in Emergency Management, Project Management in the Context of Disasters, System Analysis and Data in Risk Management of Disasters. In addition, RWTH School of Business and Economics teaches three management modules during the first year in Aachen.
The final Master's thesis is an independent, pre-defined project to be completed in a fixed period of six months and can be written either at RWTH Aachen or Maastricht School of Management. The Master's thesis is generally concluded by an oral presentation.
Interdisciplinary Teaching and Learning
The Faculty of Civil Engineering at RWTH Aachen runs the academic side of the program with considerable contribution from the Chair of Structural Analysis and Dynamics (CSAD). Moreover, the comprehension of numerous professional experts from industry as well as from the research and development areas contribute to the development and execution of the master program.
Special support comes from international Partners, the Chair of Structural Analysis, "Ss. Cyril and Methodius" University of Macedonia UKIM and the Institute for Research in Environment, Civil Engineering and Energy IECE in Macedonia. This Cooperation is funded in a special way by the ‘German federal Ministry of Education and Research’ to ensure the international exchange of know-how and technologies.
Maastricht School of Management runs the business component of this program. You will be trained as globally oriented managers with solid knowledge of core management processes and an understanding of the major social and environmental issues that set the scene for business processes in emerging economies. Throughout the program, students will be challenged to explore feasible innovations that balance business and development perspectives.
- Setting Description:
- Aachen is a safe, open-minded, multicultural student city, located right at the “Border Triangle”, where the borders of Germany, Belgium, and the Netherlands meet. One of the many attractions of living in this area are the short travel distances to cities such as Amsterdam, Brussels, Cologne or even Paris. The living costs in Aachen are low in comparison to other European or German cities. In big cities like Munich, Hamburg or Cologne, rents are much higher than in Aachen. The historic city center of Aachen looks back on a history of thousands of years, with the imperial cathedral as its focal point.
- 5,900 EUR. Tuition fee: 5,900 euros per semester (23,600 EUR in total; 4 semester regular study period) Semester fee at the RWTH Aachen University: around 245 EUR per semester. Administration fee for Maastricht School of Management: around 150 EUR per semester (applies only for the semester in Maastricht).
Additional Program Information
- RWTH Aachen University and RWTH International Academy's partner for certification of quality management systems in systems accreditation is 'ASIIN e.V.' This accreditation agency for degree programs sets standards for programs in engineering, computer science, natural sciences, mathematics, and teaching qualifications. All Master's programs offered in cooperation with the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering of RWTH Aachen and RWTH International Academy have been accredited by ASIIN. The accreditation needs to be updated at regular intervals to ensure a continuous level of quality maintenance and improvement.
- - Academic first degree: Bachelor of Engineering or Bachelor of Science - Good performance in your undergraduate studies - Fundamental knowledge in the following subjects (preliminary): Fundamentals in Mathematics and Natural Sciences: Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics Fundamentals in Engineering: Mechanics, Dynamics, Thermodynamics Specific Fundamentals: From the areas of Mechanical Engineering or Civil Engineering Fundamentals in Management: Management and Entrepreneurship, Accounting, Production and Logistics, Marketing, Corporate Finance (this can can acquired through an online course run 2 months before the Master's program starts)
- Scholarships Description:
- We offer a scholarship (Women In Engineering) which covers 100% of the whole program tuition fee for one female per program and per year. Look at our comprehensive overview of scholarship possibilities and databases on our program pages on our website.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program