- Valencia, Spain
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
The University of Valencia is a large public research university offering nearly all academic disciplines and high global rankings in Natural Sciences and Arts & Humanities. Students will be directly enrolled in classes at the university. Classes are conducted in Spanish—to help prepare students for this, the program starts off with Spanish grammar and culture classes just before the semester begins. Students will also participate in several excursions in or outside of Valencia as part of the preliminary academic program.
- Study and live with full-time Spanish students.
- Intern as an English teaching assistant at a high school or elementary school.
- Travel on Rutgers group excursions with the Rutgers in-country resident director. Past trips included: Madrid, Barcelona and Granada.
- Enjoy a culturally-rich range of architecture and cultural influence (anywhere from the Moors to modern-day).
- Connect with Rutgers’ in-country resident director, available throughout the semester for your assistance.
- Setting Description:
- Valencia is Spain’s third largest city. Washed by the Mediterranean and blessed with a gentle climate, Valencia is a top destination for university students. The city is famous throughout Spain, and beyond, for its paella, fireworks, and readiness to throw a party! This last is most evident in the March festival of Las Fallas, when satirical sculptures are erected throughout the city, only to be burned on the night of March 19.
Additional Program Information
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program