• Study at a university that boasts two Nobel Laureates and eight serving Prime Ministers among its most famous alumni • In the Spring, join in on UWI’s Campus Carnival which features music, parades and colorful costumes • Showcase your talents in dance,
- Bridgetown, Barbados
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
- One of four regional campuses, the University of the West Indies (UWI) in Barbados has spectacular views of Bridgetown and its port. Its small size, tropical surroundings, and low-rise buildings make it an inviting place to study. At Cave Hill, you can choose classes from one of three faculties: Law; Humanities and Education; and Pure and Applied Sciences. The science programs are particularly cutting edge, as is Women’s and Gender Studies. Three members of the UWI faculty were also part of the Intergovernmental Panel for Climate Control, which was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize, together with Al Gore, in 2007.
• Study at a university that boasts two Nobel Laureates and eight serving Prime Ministers among its most famous alumni • In the Spring, join in on UWI’s Campus Carnival which features music, parades and colorful costumes • Showcase your talents in dance, drama, singing, photography and much more with one of UWI’s many student clubs • Never be too far from Barbados’s white sandy beaches—even from the UWI’s Cave Hill campus you will have a beautiful view of the Caribbean Sea. "
- Setting Description:
- Bridgetown is located on Barbados’s south-west coast with average temperatures around 86° F all year round. The city is a major financial and commercial center of the Caribbean, yet is also a distinctly laidback city with plenty of cafés and refreshment stands. Broad Street runs through the heart of Bridgetown, passing the Parliament building, and is the city’s main shopping thoroughfare.