- Weston, United States
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Special Education
- Program Description:
In an effort to address the universal need for special education teachers, this program strongly focuses on classroom inclusion. During this one-year accelerated program, students learn the skills to develop innovative methods and sound educational practices to create challenging, engaging classrooms for students of all abilities. The M.Ed. Master of Education in Teaching Special Education Program at Regis is designed to prepare you to teach students with moderate disabilities in grade levels Pre-K–8 and 5–12.
In addition to the M.Ed. in Special Education, students can enroll in the following options:
- Dual M.Ed. in Special Education/Master's in ABA program
- M.Ed. in Special Education with a specialization in ABA
M.Ed. Program Objectives
The M.Ed. Master of Education in Teaching Special Education prepares you to become:
- A highly competent teaching professional
- Deeply knowledgeable in a range of disciplines related to the needs of children with disabilities
- Skilled in instruction and the ability to collaborate with families and other stakeholders within the learning environment.
Masters of Education in Teaching Special Education with Initial Licensure Program
- For individuals seeking initial licensure to teach in the State of Massachusetts, the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) requires candidates to:
- Complete 30 credit hours of graduate level instruction and licensure preparation in teaching students with Moderate Special Disabilities;
- Pass the Foundations of Reading, the General Curriculum Multi-Subject Test and the Mathematics Sub-test portions of the MTEL to register for Practicum;
- Pass all required MTEL exams before completing the program for degree conferral.
Special Education with Professional Licensure Program
For individuals seeking to pursue Professional licensure, the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) requires candidates to:
- Complete 18 credits hours of graduate-level instruction in content areas specific to special education.
Additional Program Information
- Regis College is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (formerly the Commission on Institutions of Higher Education of the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc.)
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program