- Rabat, Morocco
- Program Type:
- Intensive Language
- Degree Level:
- 1-2 weeks, 1-3 months, 4-6 months, 1 year
- Program Description:
- The center offers both Modern Standard Arabic (MSA) and Colloquial Moroccan Arabic (CMA) to students from all over the world, and the state of the art facility offers an environment comparable to any modern University.
An intensive Arabic curriculum designed to rapidly acquire Arabic through immersion. Students explore Morocco through numerous cultural programs and excursions, and several housing options are offered ranging from self-catered rooms to home-stays with Moroccan families
The program allows students to rapidly advance in their goals. Qalam wa Lawh has rolling admission and continuous classes, an ideal situation for students who wish to study and travel on their own time
- Setting Description:
- The center is located in a modern facility in a safe and upscale neighberhood of Morocco's capital. The center is equipped with computers, a wireless Internet center, and climate controlled classrooms. The center is also minutes away from all the cultural sites of the city. Breakfast and lunch service is available on site for all students.
- Qalam's year-around operation translates into high quality programs at reasonnable prices. Group and long-term discounts are offered. Merit-based scholarships are available to a selection of students who show proficiency as well as long-term ambitions in Arabic language. For more details, please consult the Web site.
Based on 2 Reviews
- High-quality courses and fantastic environment04/09/19
Studying in Qalam Wa Lawh has given me the opportunity to practice my Arabic at all times, in class and outside of it, because all the staff is very committed to the linguistic immersion of the student. Classes are completely delivered in Arabic by a
group of highly qualified teachers in teaching Arabic as a foreign language, what makes them understand all the issues and obstacles that we may face. I highlight the quality of teaching, the dynamics of the classes, which deal with current issues and culture in Arab and Islamic countries, and the commitment of teachers with personalized attention. In addition to the daily classes, you have the opportunity to receive tutorials once a day with a private teacher, so you can present any doubts about vocabulary, grammar or writing that you have. Even if you do not want to work on any of the above, you can dedicate the time of tutorials to talk and improve your pronunciation. But, if there is something that makes Qalam Wa Lawh even better and is the wide range of activities that they offer in order to share or improve your skills while speaking Arabic: Weekly lectures delivered by a Professor from a Moroccan university or institution (for working our listening skilss while we learn from different topics as the Amazigh culture, the Moroccan identity or Human Rights associations in this country), Weekly field trips in Rabat (for discovering the Moroccan society through its universities and institutions), Cooking Club (for working your culinary skills learning to cook Moroccan dishes), Volunteer Club (for getting engaged with the community of Rabat itself), Media Club (for working your Arabic while reading and writing articles and news), Arts Club (for sharing your astonishing artistic skills...). I would definitely recommed this program to a student that wants to improve his level of Arabic and learn about Arab societies through a carefully designed program, both intense and dynamic.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- Study Arabic at Qalam wa Lawh Center03/23/19
I studied Arabic at the Qalam wa Lawh Center in Rabat for three months. I attended a course in standard Arabic and Arabic media and I found them excellent. The teachers are all native speakers and have special qualifications for teaching Arabic. In addition
to the standard Arabic course, the school offers various types of courses, such as a Moroccan dialect course, an Arabic literature course, a course in arabic media and many others. The institute also offers a scholarship called the "Ibn Battuta Scholarship". In addition to school activities, the institute offers extra activities, such as weekend trips to various locations in Morocco. I really appreciated the teaching method thanks to which I was able to improve considerably my language proficiency. Even weekend trips are excellent and very well organized.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend