- Rabat, Morocco
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Gap Year
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Break, Spring Semester, Summer, Winter Semester, Year Round
- Program Description:
- The center offers both Modern Standard Arabic (MSA) and Colloquial Moroccan Arabic (CMA) to students from all over the world, and the state of the art facility offers an environment comparable to any modern University.
An intensive Arabic curriculum designed to rapidly acquire Arabic through immersion. Students explore Morocco through numerous cultural programs and excursions, and several housing options are offered ranging from self-catered rooms to home-stays with Moroccan families
The program allows students to rapidly advance in their goals. Qalam wa Lawh has rolling admission and continuous classes, an ideal situation for students who wish to study and travel on their own time
- Setting Description:
- The center is located in a modern facility in a safe and upscale neighberhood of Morocco's capital. The center is equipped with computers, a wireless Internet center, and climate controlled classrooms. The center is also minutes away from all the cultural sites of the city. Breakfast and lunch service is available on site for all students.
- Qalam's year-around operation translates into high quality programs at reasonnable prices. Group and long-term discounts are offered. Merit-based scholarships are available to a selection of students who show proficiency as well as long-term ambitions in Arabic language. For more details, please consult the Web site.
Based on 4 Reviews
- Good program06/11/19Overall a good program and very educational. However the mandatory afternoon activities and weekend trips leave us with very little free time to relax and explore on our own.Bottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- Qalam wa Lawh: academic, cultural and personal improvement04/19/19
It was in the university when I started studying Arabic. The approach to the language there was so purely academic that I felt frustrated and imagining myself having a fluent conversation in Arabic was just impossible. All this changed as soon as I made
the decision to start my studies in Qalam. After 6 years of Arab studies, I began to feel comfortable speaking the language, and both the teachers and the educational system carried out in this academy, make sure that each class that I received was worthwhile. It was not simply the classes in small groups which made my level improve in just two months, all the complementary activities that are carried out during the week are also very helpful: immersion with Moroccan people through the clubs, excursions to places of interest with Moroccan guides, conferences of different topics each week, linguistic discussions with native university students every Thursday... For all these reasons and for the kindness of the staff that make a huge effort to make the academy work, I consider that studying in Qalam wa Lawh was one of the best decisions I have ever made at an academic and personal level.read moreBottom Line:No, I would not recommend this to a friend
- I couldn't have asked for more!04/17/19
Learning languages is a lifelong learning and in this school I had the opportunity to grow up after my university studies. I really recommend this school for everyone who wants to improve or learn Arabic from scratch, from every age and level (the advanced
ones too). Teachers are amazing, able to meet your needs and to make you improve in a very efficient way. You can really perceive their great abilities, excellent preparation and unique methods in teaching Arabic. Then, all the staff is fabulous: always so kind, patient, available to help you from the easiest things and welcome people with a big smile! Finally, this school offers so many opportunities to practice the language outside the classroom and get to know the country 100%. Actually, learning a language means widening your horizons towards new cultures and ways of living and here, thanks to this school, you can really understand what does it mean! I couldn’t have asked for more! :Dread moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- Study Abroad in Qalam wa Lawh Morocco03/24/19
For me, Qalam wa Lawh is the best school to learn formal Arabic (fusha) and informal Arabic (Darija). And also semester program made me feel international atmosphere with students from around the world. The programs are very well organised. The teachers
and staffs are very friendly and welcoming. I really enjoyed with extracurricular activities, Arabic language cafe, public lecture, and visiting outside activity. Thank you very much Qalam wa Lawh for all opportunities. I really recommed for you to choose Qalam wa Lawh to improve your Arabic skills.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend