- Queenstown, New Zealand
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Gap Year
- Year Round
- Work Types:
- Sciences & Environment
- Program Description:
ADVENTURE GUIDE INTERNSHIP
The ultimate outdoor travel, train & work internship
Over twelve weeks of adventure and travel, you’ll find yourself on the top of the highest peaks, meandering down enormous glacier-driven river valleys, exploring new golden sand beaches by kayak, hanging from enormous rock faces with your new mates supporting you all the way. New Zealand’s diverse and spectacular outdoors will be your classroom, with lessons on leadership, new outdoor skills and strategies to help in every area of life.
You’ll also complete world-recognised outdoor adventure guiding certifications and gain a front line adventure tourism job offer in legendary Queenstown!
- 12 week adventure tourism training + work experience
- Work experience placement in the adventure tourism industry in Queenstown, NZ
- 3 month paid work placement opportunities
- All meals & accommodation during training and work experience
- Qualified & epxerienced technical instructors
- All technical equipment, program related transport & travel provided
- NZ Certificate of Outdoor Recreation Leader (Rock Climbing, Hiking or Mountain Biking)
- Pre-hospital Emergency Care Qualification
- Qualification resources, registration and assessment included
- - - -
What makes Pure Exploration different?
Finding a job when you are travelling overseas is tough. It's competitive and often skill specific. We've worked closely with adventure tourism operators in New Zealand to develop a range of programs that not only help outdoors-focused people get a foot in the door to a great adventure tourism job in Queenstown, but also provide knowledgeable and competent employees to local companies. We believe we are just everyday Kiwis, helping people to have extraordinary experiences.
- Setting Description:
- You’ll love arriving into Queenstown – it’s a great place for hiking mountains, swimming in lakes and rivers, pub crawls, live music, locals food and drink specials, Frisbee golf and fireside chats. Queenstown is filled with an exciting mix of backpackers, ski seasonnaires, outdoor enthusiasts and local legends. You’ll feel the vibe when you hit town, everyone is pumped to be here and make the most of it!
- From 6,900 USD.
Additional Program Information
- A passion for the outdoors and average fitness level.
- Scholarships Description:
- Some partial scholarships are available , please get in touch with the team at Pure Exploration to discuss further.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program