- Fort Lauderdale, United States
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Substance Abuse Counseling, Substance Abuse Counseling, Substance Abuse Counseling, Substance Abuse Counseling
- Program Description:
Prepare for a career helping those facing substance use disorders, while meeting the coursework requirements for the National Certified Addiction Counselor (NCAC), Level I and II certification exams.* Earn your degree 100% online, on your schedule.
• NAADAC Approved and NASAC Accredited: The program is accredited by the National Addiction Studies Accreditation Commission (NASAC), and Purdue Global is approved as an education provider by NAADAC, the Association for Addiction Professionals.
• Program Highlights: Study the psychology of addiction; pharmacology; the recovery process; prevention; the criminal justice system; case management; abnormal, cognitive, health, and adolescent psychology, and more.
• Career Opportunities: Addictions case manager, community health worker, addictions treatment technician, outreach specialist
• Accelerated Master’s Degree Option: Complete graduate courses as part of the program to get a head start on a future Purdue Global master’s degree.†
Purdue Global cannot guarantee employment or career advancement. The professional practice of psychology is regulated by each state, and the degree requirements of this program do not guarantee or prepare students for licensure in any state upon graduation.
* The University cannot guarantee students will be eligible to sit for or pass exams. Additional requirements must also be completed to take the NCAC examination(s), including field experience and licensure requirements. Refer to www.NAADAC.org for full eligibility requirements.
† The University cannot guarantee that students will be granted admission to any future programs. Speak to an Advisor about admissions requirements and transfer credit opportunities and see the University Catalog for the Prior Learning Assessment policy.
Additional Program Information
- Contact the school for information
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program