- Fort Lauderdale, United States
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Legal Studies, Legal Studies, Legal Studies, Legal Studies
- Program Description:
Pursue career advancement opportunities within or outside of the legal field. Choose a paralegal concentration or customize your degree with specialized electives. Earn your degree 100% online from one of the largest providers of legal programs in the U.S.*
• Program Highlights: Study American jurisprudence, legal research and writing, legal ethics, law and society, alternative dispute resolution, business law, ethics and the legal environment, legal philosophy, and more.
• Certification: The National Association of Legal Assistants (NALA) recognizes this degree as meeting the coursework criteria for eligibility to sit for the Certified Paralegal Examination.†
• Career Opportunities: Legal analyst, title examiner, judicial administrative assistant, legal secretary, litigation assistant, paralegal or legal assistant
• Paralegal Concentration: Gain specialized knowledge and skills in civil litigation, criminal law, law office management, and administrative law to advance in a paralegal career.
• Electives: Customize your degree by choosing from a wide range of electives that support your personal career goals.
• Accelerated Master’s Degree Option: Complete graduate courses as part of the program to get a head start on a future Purdue Global public administration, legal studies, human services, educational psychology, or psychology master’s degree.‡
Purdue Global cannot guarantee employment or career advancement.
Paralegals are not lawyers and cannot practice law or give legal advice. Graduates are not authorized to practice law and will not be eligible to sit for any state’s bar examination. This program was not designed to meet any specific state’s requirements for licensure or certification, and Purdue Global makes no representations or warranties as to whether the degree or any individual courses meet such requirements. Refer to the University Catalog for additional information.
* Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS), 2018-2019 Total Degrees and Certificates Conferred, First Major, Legal Support Services, nces.ed.gov/IPEDS. Based on total number of degrees and certificates granted by Purdue Global compared to other Title IV institutions.
† Students are responsible for understanding the requirements of optional certification exams. The University cannot guarantee students will be eligible to sit for or pass exams. In some cases, work experience, additional coursework beyond the Purdue Global program, fieldwork, and/or background checks may be necessary to be eligible to take or to successfully pass the exams.
‡ The University cannot guarantee that students will be granted admission to any future programs. Speak to an Advisor about admissions requirements and transfer credit opportunities and see the University Catalog for the Prior Learning Assessment policy.
Additional Program Information
- Contact the school for information
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program