We welcome the help of international volunteers all year round and offer both short and long-term volunteer programs. We have a range of opportunities available, including; • teaching in our primary school or day care. • assisting our educational psy
- Cochabamba, Bolivia
- Program Type:
- Teach Abroad
- Degree Level:
- 1-3 months
- Teach Abroad:
- Placement Audience:
- 6-12 years old
- Program Description:
- Proyecto Horizonte is a non-profit organization working in Cochabamba, Bolivia.
We work together with the underprivileged people of the settlement of Ushpa-Ushpa, providing the tools needed for a better future through education, healthcare and community development projects.
Since our inception in 2004, Proyecto Horizontal has initiated many developments in Ushpa-Ushpa, including:
• a primary school and day care center, to provide children with the best start in life.
• a well-equipped health care and dentistry centre; staffed by seven highly-trained medical professionals and complete with a laboratory, diagnostic rooms and a pharmacy.
• regular community education workshops available to all.
• a women's group and micro-enterprise group, providing guidance and technical assistance in local business ventures.
Please visit our website for more information of our projects!
We welcome the help of international volunteers all year round and offer both short and long-term volunteer programs. We have a range of opportunities available, including; • teaching in our primary school or day care. • assisting our educational psychologists at primary education level. • assisting our doctors, nurses and dentists at our Health Centre. • giving educational workshops. • teaching and assisting on our Sports and Arts programs for kids. • working with our Women's Empowerment group or with our micro-enterprise initiatives. Check out our website for more details on these and other volunteer opportunities!
Our programs offer volunteers the chance to develop current skills with the guidance of experienced professionals and to discover new interests. Cochabamba the perfect place for those those wishing to improve their Spanish! Many of our volunteers take Spanish lessons during their time with us and we would be happy to recommend good quality Spanish tutors. Those those looking for more focused programs, we also offer internships for university credit and professional development. Check out our website for more info!
- Setting Description:
- Cochabamba, Bolivia is city of about 1 million people. It has experienced rapid growth in the last several decades and is now a bustling small city. You can find basically all of the comforts of home in Cochabamba but will still be treated to a different way of life and a distinct South American culture.
- All of our volunteer programs over three months are offered free of charge. For programs under three months, we ask for a donation of $150 USD to help fund the project.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program