10 day intensive introductory program to impact investing and social enterprise that include the following: - Classes taught by active experts who are in the field and have current knowledge about the ecosystem here in Central America - Panel discussions
- Antigua Guatemala, Guatemala
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Rolling Starts, Spring Break, Summer
- Program Description:
- The Central American Program for Impact Learning (CAPIL) was created in 2015 by Pomona Impact, an impact investment company based out of Antigua, Guatemala. Pomona Impact was created in 2011 with the mission to spur economic development through supporting and investing in social entrepreneurs in Central America. CAPIL was created with the mission to generate more learning and understanding about the impact investment and social enterprise ecosystem that exists in Central America with University and Graduate students in the U.S. and in Europe. With CAPIL, we believe that students should learn from experts in the field who know personally the players, opportunities, and challenges for impact investing and social enterprise in Central America.
Through CAPIL, students will get an introduction to the components of impact investing (due diligence processes, portfolio management, etc) as well as social enterprise (theory of change, organizational sustainability, and panels with social entrepreneurs). Students will also have the option to take Spanish language classes or volunteer with a local organization in the afternoons and will be able to network with a variety of impact investors and social entrepreneurs who are based in Central America. CAPIL also will take students on field visits to see the work that some of Pomona Impact's portfolio companies are doing and see first hand what a social enterprise looks like.
10 day intensive introductory program to impact investing and social enterprise that include the following: - Classes taught by active experts who are in the field and have current knowledge about the ecosystem here in Central America - Panel discussions by social entrepreneurs with networking opportunities after each panel or class taught by an expert - "Learning through doing": classes comprised of either case studies, intensive group work, and field visits - Opportunities to give back to the local community through volunteering in the afternoons with local organizations that are a part of Pomona Impact's network in Antigua - Opportunity to learn Spanish in the afternoons with a local organization that gives its proceeds to an orphanage in Guatemala
- Setting Description:
- Antigua, Guatemala is a beautiful colonial town located at the base of three volcanoes in a spectacular tropical valley. Antigua is known to be one of the tourist capitals of Central America with a variety of services such as Spanish language schools, amazing culinary and night life scenes as well as high level security services. CAPIL will be held at the Impact Hub in Antigua, which is part of the global network of Impact Hubs (or co-working spaces). Impact Hub Antigua is located a few blocks from the Central Park in a beautiful Spanish style colonial house that has been converted into a co-working space with multiple offices, a courtyard and terrace and is home to a variety of entrepreneurs and organizations that are based here in Antigua. Participants of CAPIL will be able to use all of the services of the Impact Hub free of charge (Wifi, coffee/tea, office space) while they are in the program. Participants can also network and meet with the variety of members located in the Hub.
- $1250 The program fee is all inclusive minus airfare and includes the following: - Housing for the duration of the program in a local hotel - Breakfast, Lunch, and snack as well as any social gatherings such as networking lunches or Happy Hours provided by the program - The 10-day program taught by experts who are in the field here in Central America - In country transportation included shuttle to and from the airport to Antigua - Field visits including lodging during the visits to Lake Atitlan
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program