This MSc combines project management and sustainability, allowing the applicant to deliver sustainable construction.
- Exmouth, United Kingdom
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
- One of a series of new and exciting professional MSc courses in Sustainable Construction available at the University of Plymouth, delivered using blended learning, which combines the best of face-to-face and distance learning; ideal for the busy professional. Our mission is to provide world-class, advanced education in a vital field of practice in ways that will suit busy working professionals and their employers. The aim of this MSc is to develop the core knowledge, skills and understanding project managers need to ensure that sustainability measures are effectively embedded within all types and sizes of construction project. It is now beyond reasonable doubt that the case for sustainability is made. With national and local governments, businesses and major clients now taking a lead, there is an imperative for construction organisations to dramatically improve their sustainability performance and services. This programme was crated in light of the evidence that few construction professionals understand sustainability and lack the knowledge, skills and expertise to confidently deliver genuinely sustainable solutions for their clients. Benefits There are considerable and well-documented benefits for individuals and organisations in moving towards sustainability, such as: • enhanced reputation • access to new markets and new revenue streams • increased operational efficiency • pre-emption of new regulations • greater job satisfaction • enhanced staff retention (Source: Doing Good: Business and the Sustainability Challenge; Economist Intelligence Unit 2008) This course will appeal to graduates and industry-experienced individuals seeking professional qualifications in quantity surveying and construction. This course includes a sustainability dimension.
Additional Program Information
- Professional accreditation Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).
- Financial Aid:
- Applicants should hold at least a lower second-class honours degree (or equivalent) in a cognate subject, or a relevant experience.
- International Requirements:
- For overseas students, proficiency in English is required (minimum score of 6.5 IELTS).
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program