The programme has an emphasis on professional development of applied, transferable research skills attracting individuals from across the private, public and third sector. Supported by the substantive and methodological expertise of academic staff it p
- Exmouth, United Kingdom
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
- The programme has an emphasis on professional development of applied, transferable research skills attracting individuals from across the private, public and third sector. Supported by the substantive and methodological expertise of academic staff it provides opportunities to develop a comprehensive and in-depth understanding relating to both conceptual knowledge and practical skills. The programme supports research activities of the third sector or commercial activities and is also an ideal foundation to pursue a future academic career. If you study full time, the MSc lasts one calendar year, starting in September. Attendance is for two days a week during term times; these teaching days are almost always timetabled for Mondays and Fridays. Typically, part-time study takes two years, and attendance is for one day. In year one, this is a Monday, and in year two, Friday. However, you may take the programme over a maximum period of five years. All modules, except the subject-specific options, can be taken as continuing professional development courses by students requiring training in specific areas, without necessarily wanting to register for a formal qualification or for the full programme. Programme content Core modules • Social research design • Philosophical and methodological foundations of research • Introduction to (quantitative) data analysis • Bivariate analysis • Qualitative approaches to social research • Advanced qualitative analysis • Practical fieldwork skills • Research planning and preparation Optional modules • Multivariate analysis • Visual methods • Introduction to evaluation research • Evaluation research critique • The nature of research in education • Undertaking education research • Auto/biographical approaches in social research • Social network analysis • Creative methods • Short professional research placement option
Additional Program Information
- The programme is accredited by the Market Research Society (MRS).
- Financial Aid:
- A good honours degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent professional qualification. Other applications will be considered depending on experience, motivation and aptitude.
- International Requirements:
- Applicants with overseas qualifications can check their compatibility with the UK equivalent through NARIC, who provide an advisory service. The minimum IELTS score for acceptable English proficiency for entry is normally 6.5.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program