This programme provides a comprehensive understanding of networked systems and services.
- Plymouth, United Kingdom
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Electrical Engineering
- Program Description:
- The programme aims to provide: • a knowledge of the technologies for effective provision and management of network services • a broad grounding in network architectures, protocols and related standards, and a detailed understanding of the underlying technologies • a high level awareness of the issues arising from the convergence of computing and telecommunications technologies • an understanding of the communication engineering and computing issues related to intelligent communication networks, network design and network management • an ability to follow a career in the networking or telecommunications industry, or in academic research
Additional Program Information
- Accredited by the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) to satisfy the educational requirements for Chartered Engineer status.
- Financial Aid:
- A minimum of BSc (Hons) 2:2 for MSc and BSc (Hons) 2:1 for MRes in a computing, electronic engineering or similar background. Students with professional experience will also be considered. Entry to the MRes is via initial entry to the MSc. A lower degree classification may be considered if the applicant can demonstrate a significant level experience in the networking area, with competence in computer programming. Professional experience may also be taken into consideration. September or January start.
- International Requirements:
- Applicants with overseas qualifications can check their comparability with the UK equivalent through NARIC, who provide an advisory service. If your first language is not English then evidence of English proficiency is required. The level of proficiency that is required can vary with the type of programme for which you are applying. For further advice on the appropriateness of overseas qualification and proficiency in the use of English, please contact our International Office. The minimum IELTS score for acceptable English proficiency for entry is normally 6.5.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program