This MSc is appropriate for those interested in education for sustainable development and environmental education.
- Exmouth, United Kingdom
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Physical & Coaching Education
- Program Description:
- The MSc in Learning for Sustainability is for people who wish to develop knowledge skills and capacities for a career in formal and non-formal environmental education, environmental activism, green tourism, environmental research, sustainability policy and development. You may already be employed in an educational setting perhaps in the state or the voluntary sectors and wish to further develop ideas and expertise in a professional capacity. You may be thinking of a career in research and wish to gain skills in research practice. You may be involved in any one of a range of current environmental advocacies and wish to update your skills and discuss your ideas. It may be that you are simply interested in the subject. The programme will provide you with a very real opportunity to become 'sustainability literate'. The programme is unique in its emphasis on learning for sustainability and it is delivered in ways that stress concepts of learning communities. It will involve you taking part in occasional residential events in which ideas and concepts will be introduced and discussed in an atmosphere of equity and support. You will have lectures from some leading researchers in the field of sustainability and you will have the opportunity to discuss your own ideas and research proposals in individual and group tutorials. The programme will start each September and you have the choice of one year full-time or two years part-time options. To gain the MSc you will need to complete six modules and a research-based project. If you are full time you will need to complete two modules per term (one half day and one evening per week). If you are part time you complete one module per term (one evening per week). Both full time and part time students will also need to set one week aside for the residential sessions and a number of modules will be offered in an online format.
Additional Program Information
- Not applicable
- Financial Aid:
- To gain entry onto this programme, participants will need to have a first or second-class degree, or equivalent qualification in a relevant subject.
- International Requirements:
- The minimum IELTS score for acceptable English proficiency for entry is normally 6.5.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program