Provides you with a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the scientific and technological basis of hydrography
- Plymouth, United Kingdom
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Marine Science
- Program Description:
- Hydrography is the branch of marine science concerned with the measurement, description and depiction of the nature and form of the seabed. It has been crucial to the development of world trade and to offshore expansion in the search for hydrocarbons. This programme has been developed in response to expressed commercial need and graduates are sought after throughout the industry. It will provide the foundation for a career in hydrographic research and development, port and offshore/nearshore surveying and environmental support. You will develop an understanding of the present state of knowledge relating to hydrography in the fields of marine geophysics, oceanography, acoustics, geodesy, and marine resource management. You will consider the wider aspects of hydrography and the implications for data capture, data management, processing, and information systems.
Additional Program Information
- MSc Hydrography is accredited by the Institute of Marine Engineering, Science & Technology, the Chartered Institution of Chartered Surveyors, the Royal Institute of Civil Engineering Surveyors and as FIG/IHO Category A.
- Financial Aid:
- A good degree in survey, technology or science. Applicants without recent formal qualifications may be acceptable - enquire about your suitability. Candidates interested in following the programme on a part-time basis are encouraged to contact the programme leader.
- International Requirements:
- Applicants with overseas qualifications can check their comparability with the UK equivalent through NARIC, who provide an advisory service. If your first language is not English then evidence of English proficiency is required. The level of proficiency that is required can vary with the type of programme for which you are applying. For further advice on the appropriateness of overseas qualification and proficiency in the use of English, please contact our International Office. The minimum IELTS score for acceptable English proficiency for entry is normally 6.5.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program