ORPHANAGE Many countries in Africa, like Ghana, face the problem of homeless and neglected children due to AIDS, of which only 5% get any kind of support. Due to this problem efforts are being made to help these young ones. This outcome has resulted
- Kumasi, Ghana
- Program Type:
- Intensive Language
- Degree Level:
- 1-2 weeks, 3-4 weeks, 1-3 months, 4-6 months, 1 year
- Program Description:
- ACTIVITIES OF VOLUNTEERS IN THIS PROJECT
• Helping with the teaching of the children regarding manners, English language, daily chores, hygiene, and anything to better their lives. Volunteers are helping to develop better learning materials and lesson plans as well.
• General care such as cooking for the children's meals or organizing sports and play activities to promote the well being of the children.
• Building/improving the facilities to make it feel more like home for the children: by painting pictures on the walls etc. Some of the orphanages we partner with are building to expand and improve their facilities. Your pair of hands will be greatly appreciated in this practical work.
• Assisting orphanage workers in offering moral support and guidance to the children, training of basic life skills and any activities for various rehabilitative programs in the orphanages.
?? Creating and teaching the children various arts and sport activities that make creative use of their time and hone their hidden skills and talents!
The kids are very energetic and will gladly challenge you to a game of basketball or soccer. You will have a chance to make a huge impact on these children's lives by spending time with them, and contributing to their learning and development.
The volunteers’ work could be at any of the orphanage homes that we support in the following towns: Kumasi Children’s Home, Offinso Children’s Home, Akomadan Orphanage centre, etc.
PROJECT START DATES
interestingly, this volunteer project is consistent throughout the year.
MINIMUM: 2 weeks, MAXIMUM: 6 months
ACCOMMODATION AND MEALS
Facilities are being provided, so the volunteer would sleep in a separate room at the orphanage in other to get a much better feeling for what is needed and how life in an orphanage is really like. Meals would b provided at the orphanage 3 times a day.
WHAT YOU CAN BRING TO SUPPORT
Children’s clothing, shoes, books, pens, crayons, pencils, erasers, story books, toys, footballs (soccer balls), handballs, volleyballs etc.
ORPHANAGE Many countries in Africa, like Ghana, face the problem of homeless and neglected children due to AIDS, of which only 5% get any kind of support. Due to this problem efforts are being made to help these young ones. This outcome has resulted in the construction of more orphanage homes. Unfortunately, there are children on the streets and corners of the cities and major towns in Ghana who are still homeless, with no place to stay, and no one to show them love and care. P.Y.V.O-Ghana has recognized that a lot of help is needed to solve this problem. Due to this problem the P.Y.V.O-GHANA calls for volunteers from worldwide to volunteer in the orphanage homes by giving a helping hand to most of their daily activities. P.Y.V.O-Ghana volunteer placement is established in order to revitalize the passion and confidence in the lives of forsaken and abandoned Children by joining hands with other volunteers to bring a worthy smile on the faces of these children. These children's ages range between 1 to 13 years. Facilities are being provided, so the volunteer would sleep in a separate room at the orphanage. Living onsite will help to get a much better feeling for what is needed and how life in an orphanage is.
- Setting Description:
- • Assist the local staffs in the home and help alleviate their busy work load. • Work on building and construction projects within the home. • Provide formalized training for local staffs in the home (when required). • Immerse yourself in local Ghanaian culture and language. • Make friends for life with other international volunteers on the program. • Opportunities to enjoy some of the amazing tourist attractions that Ghana has to offer.
- Non-Refundable Registration Fee - $200 (which we need to advertise, cover office expense and pay salary) With PYVO you find the most affordable weekly program fee, which includes accommodation , meals 3 times a day, project details, field support, etc. Length of Stay 1week $250 2weeks $350 3weeks $450 4weeks $550 5weeks $650 6weeks $750 7weeks $850 8weeks $950 9weeks $1050 10weeks $1150 11weeks $1250
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program