P.Y.V.O provides the avenue for interested health professionals all over the world to exhibit their skill to help solve the issues related to health degradation in Ghana. P.Y.V.O provides placements for interested participants, especially in the rura
- Kumasi, Ghana
- Program Type:
- Volunteer Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Work Types:
- Economic Development, Education, Health
- 1-2 weeks, 3-4 weeks, 1-3 months, 4-6 months, 1 year
- Program Description:
- VOLUNTEERS TYPICAL ACTIVITIES
Volunteers would be mainly involved in care of patients, replacing bandages, checking blood pressure, first aid treatment, assisting in the delivery of babies, weighing of babies.
Volunteers would be involved in health education programs.
The volunteers’ work could be at any placements for interested participants especially in the rural areas where the health conditions are very poor.
PROJECT START DATES
This healthcare project is continuing.
MINIMUM: 2 weeks MAXIMUM: 6 months
ACCOMMODATION AND MEALS Typically volunteers are accommodated at the nurse’s head Quarters and would be served three 3 times daily.
P.Y.V.O provides the avenue for interested health professionals all over the world to exhibit their skill to help solve the issues related to health degradation in Ghana. P.Y.V.O provides placements for interested participants, especially in the rural areas where health conditions are very poor. On the other hand, P.Y.V.O organizes placements for interested health practitioners to work in childcare and maternity hospitals in Ghana. Interested participants will work in collaboration with other professional local Doctors and Nurses. This projects demands volunteer's level of knowledge, experience, and skill. Participating in this project will help the volunteer to understand the health problems facing Ghana and Africa as whole. Therefore, there are countless possibilities to impact lives; such as our work in local orphanages, schools, and hospitals. Ghana's health care and provision suffers as much as any other public service sector in the country. While structures are in place for an effective heath service, there is an enormous deficit in terms of staff and resources. This is why the volunteers' help is very much appreciated by the nurses and doctors we do volunteer work with.
- Setting Description:
- HIGHLIGHTS • Gain medical experience under the supervision of qualified doctors and nurses. Please note this is only applicable to those due to study or currently studying medicine or qualified in a medical field suited to the Hospitals needs and requirements. • Get a glimpse of life in the slums of Ghana and have the opportunity to make a difference in a poor and desperate community. • Get a taste of the Ghanaian culture; learn a bit of Ghanaian Language (Twi). • Make friends for life • A great platform to experience some of the finest touring destinations on the continent
- Program Cost: Non-Refundable Registration Fee - $200 (which we need to advertise, cover office expense and pay salary) With PYVO you find the most affordable weekly program fee, which includes accommodation , meals 3 times a day, project details, field support, etc. Length of Stay 1week $250 2weeks $350 3weeks $450 4weeks $550 5weeks $650 6weeks $750 7weeks $850 8weeks $950 9weeks $1050 10weeks $1150 11weeks $1250
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program