Experience Peru's incredible cultural, social and environmental diversity. Immerse yourself in Spanish; volunteer and homestay with local families; bike and trek an Inca jungle trail to Machu Picchu; explore Mediterranean-like islands at 12,000ft on Lake
- Arequipa, Peru; Cusco, Peru; Lima, Peru; Multi-Country Programs, Multi-Country Programs
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Summer
- Work Types:
- Business, Social Sciences
- Program Description:
- 1 week of Immersion Spanish Language. All levels catered for.
- Homestay with local families in Cusco to enhance your language acquisition.
- Volunteer afternoons during language week with organizations in Cusco supporting orphans and disadvantaged youth.
- Explore historic Cusco, former capital of the Inca Empire.
- The Inca Jungle Trail - mountain biking and trekking through the jungle to spectacular Machu Pichu.
- 3-day white water rafting trip down the Apurimac River, camping on the riverbank.
- Homestay with indigenous islanders on Amantani Island in the middle of Lake Titicaca.
- Condors, camping and hiking in Canyon Del Colca (twice the depth of the Grand Canyon)
- Soak up the charms of beautiful Arequipa.
- Mysterious Nazca - pre-inca cemetery and the option to fly over the Nazca lines.
- Sandboarding at Huacachina.
- Ballestas Islands - known as the \\"small Galapagos\\".
- Very personalized small group experience.
- Fantastic program leader supported by great local guides.
Experience Peru's incredible cultural, social and environmental diversity. Immerse yourself in Spanish; volunteer and homestay with local families; bike and trek an Inca jungle trail to Machu Picchu; explore Mediterranean-like islands at 12,000ft on Lake Titicaca; wander the ancient cobbled stones streets, plazas and markets of Cusco and Arequipa; hike into the spectacular Colca Canyon; visit mysterious Nazca; sand-board the dunes at Huacachina; and head off-shore to Ballestas Island.
This program can be combined with the Ecuador and Galapagos Summer Program (which runs beforehand, June), for an incredible 2 month summer program experience in Latin America.
This summer abroad program is suitable for high school graduates, gap year students, university students and graduates, ideally 18 – 24 years. Optional transferable academic credit is available on this program.
Facilitated by our inspiring and experienced program leaders, this is an excellent study abroad or gap year option for students or graduates wanting to develop personal and leadership skills, and be exposed to and immersed in cultures different to their own. Optional transferable academic credit available to all participants.
All inclusive program – see the Pacific Discovery website for current program fee and inclusions, to print information booklet and view the program slideshow.
- Setting Description:
- Peru has a vibrant and deep cultural heritage - many of its people are descendants of the Incas and retain rich traditions of language, colorful dress and lively music. It has stunning, diverse landscapes, from the highest snow dusted peaks of the Andes to the lush Amazon jungle. The food is fantastic. The language is surprisingly easy to pick-up. Wild life abounds - you're sure to see flamingos, condor, llamas and the elusive vicuna.
Pacific Discovery programs combine sustainable educational adventure travel, cultural immersion, experiential education, volunteer and community service projects, personal and leadership development, and tons of fun! For gap year and college students, the opportunity to combine this with transferable academic credit gives you an unbeatable study abroad or gap year travel experience.
Since 2001, Pacific Discovery has taken hundreds of students and graduates on unique travel study programs abroad, utilizing a staff of experienced and quali
- Program fee inclusions
All in-country travel and transport including one flight within Peru; All accommodation; Most meals; One week of Spanish language classes and volunteer projects; All excursions and activities as described in the itinerary (unless noted as optional); Experienced Pacific Discovery program leader and local guides; Online image library for your program. Refer information booklet for international flight options.
Additional Program Information
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program