- Auckland, New Zealand; Rotorua, New Zealand; Multi-Country Programs, Multi-Country Programs; Nelson, New Zealand; Byron Bay, Australia; Coffs Harbour, Australia; Sydney, Australia; Whangarei, New Zealand; Queenstown, New Zealand; Brisbane, Australia; Hervey Bay, Australia; Gold Coast, Australia; Sunshine Coast, Australia; Rockhampton, Australia; Taupo, New Zealand; Wellington, New Zealand
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Winter Semester
- Work Types:
- Business, Education, Hospitality, Sciences & Environment, Social Sciences
- Program Description:
Develop a global perspective, independence, leadership and communication skills through outdoor expeditions, service learning projects, and authentic cultural immersion. Pacific Discovery programs foster empathy for other cultures, ethical and sustainable travel practices, and awareness of international issues. Students leave with a deepened sense of their identity, passion, and purpose.
Pacific Discovery is a global leader in experiential education, offering inspiring summer, semester, and gap year programs abroad since 2001, and is an inaugural member of the American Gap Association.
- Visit our website to request a detailed information booklet for this program –
On our New Zealand & Australia Semester, you'll travel in a fun, safe and supportive small group with two experienced international instructors to facilitate and mentor your experience. Combine three week-long service-learning conservation projects in diverse national parks and marine reserves; five multi-day outdoor expeditions including backpacking, canoeing, rock climbing and surfing; and educational adventure travel through New Zealand and Australia’s stunning mountain, forest and beach environments. You will also have many opportunities for meaningful connections with local people that will deepen your own global perspective. We encourage you to challenge your personal barriers and support the development of your leadership skills, resourcefulness, resilience, and independence. Pacific Discovery is committed to sustainability and ethical travel, which we'll be practicing throughout the program.
- Develop skills in independent travel, leadership, communication, rock climbing, surfing, canoeing, canyoning, mountain biking, trekking, snorkelling
-Get to know the real culture and people of New Zealand and Australia.
- Volunteer in service learning projects with National Parks in New Zealand and Australia.
- Explore New Zealand and Australia’s highlights – The Noosa Everglades, Sydney, The Blue Mountains, Brisbane, Auckland, Kahurangi National Park, Queenstown, Rotorua, Frans Josef Glacier, islands, beaches, national parks
- Experience transformative personal growth that pushes students to reflect and ask questions of themselves, working towards a deeper understanding of their values, identity, passions and purpose.
10-week program for ages 18-24. Fall and Spring departures. Scholarships and academic credit available.
- Setting Description:
- New Zealand and Australia are two of the most ecologically intact and diverse countries in the world. This immersive program allows you to contribute to protecting these environments while enjoying the thrills and beauty that they offer.
Throughout the program, you will stay in a variety of accommodations, primarily: backpacker hostels, park lodging, a traditional marae (Maori gathering place), and tents.
- 10750 USD. See our site for updated tuition breakdown and to download an information booklet.
Program costs includes: All necessary visas and transport, including four mid-program flights • All accommodation and meals • All excursions and entry fees listed in the itinerary • Contribution to our service learning project sites • Experienced Program Instructors and local guides • Global medical rescue and political evacuation insurance • 24/7 emergency contact number for families • Online image library
Additional Program Information
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program