Engage your passions! Join us for a life-changing, overland journey through the heart of New Zealand and Australia.
- Multi-Country Programs, Multi-Country Programs; Nelson, New Zealand; Sydney, Australia
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Winter Semester
- Program Description:
- New Zealand and Australia are two of the most ecologically intact and diverse countries in the world - immerse yourself in these amazing countries! This 9-week experiential travel program offers an inspiring experience, with three week-long service learning conservation projects in different national parks and marine reserves throughout New Zealand and Australia; multi-day outdoor expeditions - a surfing camp, canoeing journey, a backpacking trip; and overland adventure travel through New Zealand and Australia’s stunning mountain, forest and beach environments. Throughout your time on the program you'll learn an enormous amount about the environmental and ecological history of each country and how that unique history has shaped the flora, fauna and people. You will also broaden your life experience, develop your leadership skills, and gain a greater sense of global citizenship.
Facilitated by our inspiring and experienced program leaders, this is an excellent study abroad or gap year option for students or graduates wanting to develop personal and leadership skills, and be exposed to and immersed in countries different to their own. Optional transferable academic credit available to all participants.
This educational travel program is suitable for high school graduates, gap year students, college students and graduates, ideally 18-23 years. All inclusive program – see the Pacific Discovery website for current program fee and inclusions, to print information booklet and view the program slideshow.
- Setting Description:
- New Zealand and Australia are two of the most ecologically intact and diverse countries in the world. This immersive program allows you to contribute to protecting these environments while enjoying the thrills and beauty that they offer.
Throughout the program, you will stay in a variety of accommodations, primarily: backpacker hostels, park lodging, a traditional marae (Maori gathering place), and tents.
- See our site for updated tuition breakdown and to download an information booklet.
Program costs includes: All necessary visas and transport, including four mid-program flights • All accommodation and meals • All excursions and entry fees listed in the itinerary • Contribution to our service learning project sites • Experienced Program Instructors and local guides • Global medical rescue and political evacuation insurance • 24/7 emergency contact number for families • Online image library
Additional Program Information
Based on 1 Reviews
- Great trip!07/16/17Pacific Discovery is a great company staffed by passionate, wonderful people who are great at what they do. Thanks for a wonderful trip and lots of learning.Bottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend