- Kathmandu, Nepal; Multi-Country Programs, Multi-Country Programs; Lhasa, China
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Winter Semester, Year Round
- Program Description:
Develop a global perspective, independence, leadership and a sense of self through outdoor expeditions, service learning projects, and authentic cultural immersion. Pacific Discovery programs foster empathy for other cultures, ethical and sustainable travel practices, and awareness of international issues. Students leave with a deepened sense of their identity, passion, and purpose.
Pacific Discovery is a global leader in experiential education, offering inspiring summer, semester, and gap year programs abroad since 2001, and is an inaugural member of the American Gap Association.
- Visit our website to request a detailed information booklet for this program –
On our Nepal and Tibet Semester, you'll travel in a fun, safe and supportive group of 14 students with two instructors to facilitate and mentor your experience. Experience Nepali language and culture immersion while home-staying in a rural village and volunteering on a valuable community development project. Trek the Annapurna Circuit, in the shadow of Himalayan giants through Annapurna National Park. Study yoga, meditation and Tibetan Buddhism while living at a small monastery. Enjoy one of the world’s top river journeys, rafting down the Kali Gandaki River. Travel overland across the roof-top of the world between Lhasa and Katmandu, through the spiritual heart of Tibet’s incredible landscapes, amazing historic sites, and Everest Base Camp. You will also have many opportunities for meaningful connections with local people that will deepen your own global perspective. We support you to develop your leadership skills, resourcefulness, resilience, and independence. Pacific Discovery is committed to sustainability and ethical travel, which we'll be practicing throughout the program.
- Engage with the local Nepali culture through immersion, homestays and community development projects.
- Volunteer in service learning projects in driven by the needs of the communities we visit.
- Develop skills in independent travel, yoga, meditation, leadership, trekking, sustainability, conservation and rafting
- Explore the Himalayas highlights – Mt. Everest Base Camp, Kathmandu, monasteries, the Kali Gandaki River, the World Peace Pagoda, world heritage sites and national parks
- Experience transformative personal growth that pushes students to reflect and ask questions of themselves, working towards a deeper understanding of their values, identity, passions and purpose.
10-week program for ages 18-24. Fall and Spring departures. Scholarships and academic credit available.
- Setting Description:
- For a relatively small country, Nepal has astounding diversity, ranging from the semi-tropical Terai region in the south to the mountainous Himalayas in the north. It is a multi-cultural, multi-lingual, and multi-religion country. It is also a country in transition: in recent years, it changed from a monarchy to a federal democratic republic and is still in recovery from the 2015 earthquakes. Tibet is just as alluring; known as The Land of Snows, it is a mountainous and historical place to explore.
Our accommodations will be widely varied. You’ll enjoy two weeks homestaying in pairs, a week of camping, 3 nights in a monastery, and a variety of local guesthouses, hostels and trekking lodges.
- 10500 USD. See our site for updated tuition breakdown and to download an information booklet.
Program costs includes: • All necessary visas and transport, including four mid-program flights • All accommodation and meals • All excursions and entry fees listed in the itinerary • Contribution to our service learning project sites • Experienced Program Instructors and local guides • Global medical rescue and political evacuation insurance • 24/7 emergency contact number for families • Online image library
Additional Program Information
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program