- San Jose, Costa Rica; Jaco, Costa Rica
- Program Type:
- Volunteer Abroad
- Degree Level:
- High School
- Work Types:
- Animals, Education, Environment, Social Services
- 3-4 weeks
- Program Description:
Navigate through National Parks and Wildlife Refuges a 3 week journey of biodiversity, adventure, and insight.
Experience a high school summer program where you will not only get to explore this amazing country of Costa Rica, but you will get to expand yourself personally. The nature-based activities will have you observing bioluminescence on a night time kayak tour, pushing through the river on a wild water rafting adventure and seeing new wildlife.
Moving onto the service learning aspect, you will get to experience first hand the impacts that you can make for other living creatures like sloths and spider monkeys. After some hard work and animal snuggles, head over to Jaco beach where you will get to try your hand at surfing. This is no ordinary surf camp though; you will get one on one coaching with video analysis of how to improve your riding! This journey will end on the idyllic white sands of Tamarindo where you will have your program wrap and heartfelt goodbye with group members.
- Sights, sounds and smells from the colorful local markets in San Jose
- Rewarding conservation service-learning projects working with an animal rescue center
- A yoga and meditation journey on the shores of the Pacific Coast
- White water rafting on the Sarapiqui River
- Hiking, caving and a night safari near Tinamu
- Surfing on vast sandy beaches of the Pacific coast with professional guides
- Observe bioluminescence on a night time kayak tour in Curu Wildlife Refuge
- Investigating sustainable agriculture and its importance in developing communities
- Rest days on idyllic white-sand beaches
- Delicious local cuisine
- Very personalized small-group experience, maximum of 14 participants
- 5995 USD.
Additional Program Information
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program