- San Jose, Costa Rica; Jaco, Costa Rica
- Program Type:
- Volunteer Abroad
- Degree Level:
- High School
- Work Types:
- Animals, Education, Environment, Social Services
- 3-4 weeks
- Program Description:
Do you want to make your Summer matter? This High School Internship Program offers you an enriching and inspiring experience in Hawaii, while you get to take your first steps in environmental work! It combines service-learning and conservation volunteer projects with adventure travel and heaps of fun in the sun and sea (think surf lessons and snorkel excursions!) You'll also dive into the importance of Hawaii's traditions, from making beautiful leis to learning the steps of the Hula.
Get excited to spend your Summer learning and doing hands-on work with local Hawaiian organizations, each doing meaningful work in the area of environmental sustainability. You will learn how their work impacts the local environment and contributes to environmental sustainability on a global scale. At the end of the program, you will walk away with a Certificate of Completion, showing the total contact hours of this internship (50 in total), a great asset to your resume!
- Learn about conservation and sustainable living from a local non-profit
- Remove invasive vegetation that threatens water quality and local fish species
- Live at a permaculture farm and practice local farming techniques
- Restore a local village fishpond and plant native food plants
- Gain real-life work experience at 3 local non-profits and a Certificate of Completion
- Practice your surfing skills in the blue waters of the Big Island
- Immerse yourself in Hawaiian culture by learning about the heritage, history and traditions
- Snorkel the reefs of Kona and keep your eyes peeled for dolphins and manta rays
- Explore the waterfalls, trails and botanical gardens of the Big Island
- Focus on strength, flexibility and breathing during a yoga session
- 6599 USD.
Additional Program Information