- Byron, Australia; Katoomba, Australia; Sydney, Australia; Airlie Beach, Australia; Cairns, Australia; Noosa Heads, Australia
- Program Type:
- Volunteer Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Work Types:
- Animals, Education, Environment, Social Services
- 1-3 months
- Program Description:
On this 6-week summer abroad program you’ll go canyoning in the Blue Mountains, learning to surf in coastal National Parks, hiking on beautiful Fraser Island and Magnetic Island, boating among the Whitsunday Islands, and snorkeling on the Great Barrier Reef.
Throughout your time in Australia, you’ll learn an enormous amount about Australia’s environmental and ecological history and how that unique history has shaped Australia’s flora, fauna, and people. Australia’s warm climate, friendly people, unusual wildlife, and dramatic natural beauty make it a fantastic place to experience. With a landmass comparable to the United States, but a population of only 20 million people, Australia is sparsely populated, yet home to some of the world’s most vibrant cities.
Australia’s natural diversity is staggering - the world’s largest coral reef, lush rainforests, and the most beautiful beaches. Wildlife is abundant, colorful and visible - kangaroos, koalas, flocks of raucous parrots, sea turtles, whales, dolphins and colorful reef fish.
- Rewarding service-learning conservation project in National Parks on the New South Wales Central Coast
- Exploring Sydney - harbor, beaches, museums
- Try boomerang throwing and didgeridoo at the Tjapukai Aboriginal Culture Center
- Canyoning daytrip - rappelling, scrambling and hiking in the Blue Mountains
- 3-day learn to surf safari at secluded coastal national parks
- Soaking up the ambiance of Byron Bay, Noosa and Cairns
- Visit amazing Australia Zoo and learn about wildlife and the conservation initiatives of the late founder, Steve Irwin, the 'Crocodile Hunter'
- 3-day 4wd and hiking safari exploring Fraser Island National Park
- Experience life on an outback station (farm)
- 3 nights on Magnetic Island – koalas, day hikes, beautiful beaches
- Island-hopping daytrip and snorkeling in the spectacular Whitsunday Islands National Park
- Outer-reef day trip, snorkeling on the Great Barrier Reef and experiencing its immense marine diversity
- 9750 USD.
Additional Program Information
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program