- Multi-Country Programs, Multi-Country Programs; Byron Bay, Australia; Coffs Harbour, Australia; Sydney, Australia; Brisbane, Australia; Cairns, Australia; Gold Coast, Australia
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Australia Summer Program Highlights
- Rewarding week-long service learning conservation project in Keppel Bay Islands National Park
- Exploring Sydney - harbor, beaches, museums
- Thrilling Tiger Snake Canyon in the Blue Mountains - rappelling, scrambling and hiking
- 3-day learn to surf safari at secluded coastal national parks
- Soaking up the ambiance of Byron Bay
- Snorkeling or Diving with Sea Turtles in spectacular Marine Parks
- Visit amazing Australia Zoo and learn about wildlife and the conservation initiatives of founder, Steve Irwin, the Crocodile Hunter
- 3-day off road trip on Fraser Island, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- A day island hopping among the spectacular Whitsunday Islands
- Snorkeling on the Great Barrier Reef
- Rainforest walks and beach-time at stunning palm-fringed Mission Beach
- Informal lectures and discussions on history, culture, society and environment
- Very personalized small group experience - maximum of 11 participants (compare with other programs of up to 40 students)
- Fantastic program leader/s supported by local guides
A month immersion in Australia's incredible environments and unique culture. Spend a week doing rewarding service learning conservation work on an island in the Great Barrier Reef and three weeks of insight, exploration and adventure travel - canyoning in the Blue Mountains, learning to surf in coastal national parks, snorkeling with turtles in Byron Bay, exploring beautiful Fraser Island and exploring the Whitsunday Islands by boat. There's also time to explore vibrant Sydney, Brisbane and Cairns. Throughout your time in Australia you'll learn an enormous amount about Australia's environmental and ecological history and how that unique history has shaped Australia's flora, fauna and people.
Option to combine with our New Zealand Summer Program, for an incredible 2-month experience in Australia and New Zealand.
Facilitated by our inspiring and experienced program leaders, this is an excellent study abroad or gap year option for students or graduates wanting to develop personal and leadership skills, and be exposed to and immersed in cultures different to their own. Optional transferable academic credit available to all participants.
This educational travel program is suitable for high school graduates, gap year students, college students and graduates, ideally 18-23 years.
All inclusive program – see the Pacific Discovery website for current program fee and inclusions, to print information booklet and view the program slideshow.
- Setting Description:
- Pacific Discovery programs combine sustainable educational adventure travel, cultural immersion, experiential education, volunteer and community service projects, personal and leadership development, and tons of fun! For gap year and college students, the opportunity to combine this with optional transferable academic credit gives you an unbeatable study abroad or gap year travel experience.
Since 2001, Pacific Discovery has taken hundreds of students and graduates on unique travel study programs abroad, utilizing a staff of experienced and qualified program leaders and faculty.
If you have a thirst for adventure, to explore places you've dreamt of, learning through hands-on experiences and making friends for life, then join us for a life-changing journey.
- 6350 USD. Program fee inclusions
Visa (with optional group flight); All in-country travel and transport; All accommodation; More than two thirds of meals (see ‘meals’ above); All activities, excursions, entry fees and adventure travel as described in the itinerary; Week-long volunteer conservation project; Informal lectures from resident experts on conservation and eco-tourism; Experienced program leader/s and local guides; Online image library for your program. Refer information booklet for internati
Additional Program Information
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program