- San Jose, Costa Rica; Bocas Del Toro, Panama; Tres Rios, Costa Rica; Managua, Nicaragua; Quepos, Costa Rica
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Gap Year
- Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Imagine Central America as both your classroom and playground! Semester courses take students on adventures through Costa Rica, Nicaragua and Panama. Hike, camp, surf, raft, kayak and scuba dive while experiencing new cultures and earning college credit. Semester Spring and Fall courses range from 65 to 85 days. These courses are for students looking for an adventure and a challenge as they explore the natural wonders of Central America.
Each Gap Year and Semester course will provide you the opportunity to volunteer, build life and leadership skills, learn from local cultures, and gain a new level of self awareness, and appreciation for the world around you. Service opportunities vary by course, but may include helping local and indigenous communities on construction, marine biology and ecological issues.
We offer the following Gap Year & Semester course:
Outdoor Leader Semester (Fall & Spring)
Coast to Coast Expedition Semester (Fall & Spring)
Tuition includes in-country transportation, food, lodging, all technical equipment, instructors and local guide. You can also earn 10-12 college credits from our partnership with an accredited U.S. university. Course fee does not include transportation to and from San Jose.
- Setting Description:
- Costa Rica is world renowned for its tropical beauty. Whether deep within the rainforest or along the sandy beaches, you will be inspired by the natural landscapes that surrounds you. Camp by waterfalls and on secluded beaches and become immersed in the culture of a remote village homestays.
- Varies by course USD. Tuition pricing varies by course.
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- After submitting your enrollment, request a scholarship application. Scholarships awarded vary by need and merit.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program