- Kiryat Tivon, Israel
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Graduate Certificate
- Education Leadership & Administration
- Program Description:
From Risk to Resilience through Education is a Graduate Summer Program for international and local students offered by Oranim Academic College of Education, Israel. The program provides graduate training and specialization for students and professionals in the areas of risk and the fostering of resilience through education. Students gain understanding of and expertise in the wide spectrum of risks and resilience processes alongside the acquisition of intervention tools and pedagogies designed to enable emerging resilience. The program focuses on four primary topics:
- Child Abuse – Children’s rights
- Childhood Poverty - Breaking the poverty cycle
- Crime and Deviance – Crime prevention, intervention and rehabilitation
- Cultural and ethnic marginalization – Inclusion, multicultural education
One-month program from July 9 - August 3, 2017
The program will include 2 two-week sessions:
July 9 – 20, 2017
July 23 – August 3, 2017
Students may enroll in one two-week session or in the one-month program. Each two-week session will focus on two of the main program topics and will include lectures, workshops, field study and a symposium.
The full, one-month program is 112 academic hours (four Israeli academic credits).
Each two-week session is 56 academic hours (two Israeli academic credits).
- Setting Description:
- The college is located 20 minutes east of Haifa in the north of Israel and is named after the pine trees that grow on the premises. Oranim pastoral campus is home to educators and innovators, academics and practitioners who work diligently in the field of education to strengthen a fair, equitable and just society. Oranim educates toward love of knowledge and learning, and for an in inclusive life style as well as a life of creativity and community responsibility. The campus is a multi-cultural hub where different languages are spoken simultaneously and people from diverse backgrounds learn with and from one another.
- Full month program (112 academic hours) – $3500 Two-week program (56 academic hours) – $1800 Please see website for details
Additional Program Information
- Contact the school for information
- Financial Aid:
- Academic Degree in the following fields: Education, Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, Therapies, Mental Health, Informal Education
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program