At one of our One World Center locations you will live in teams comprised of other humanitarians from all over the world training to become Development Instructors. You will live in an environment based on community. We grow our food, cook, clean, and run
- Brasilia, Brazil; Lilongwe, Malawi; Lusaka, Zambia; Maputo, Mozambique
- Program Type:
- Volunteer Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Work Types:
- Education, Environment, Health, Social Services, Translation, Women's Rights
- 1-3 months
- Program Description:
- One World Center offers 1,6,9 and 18 month programs. These programs allow you to live, learn and serve internationally while allowing for you to understand why over half of humanity lives in poverty and how you can change that. Our participants serve at international projects working side by side with families who suffer from the effects of poverty daily: lack of clean water, education, food, and much more. This is a life changing opportunity.
At one of our One World Center locations you will live in teams comprised of other humanitarians from all over the world training to become Development Instructors. You will live in an environment based on community. We grow our food, cook, clean, and run the school as a collective. As you train to become a Development Instructor you will be challenged to stretch your mind and understanding of the world, while you learn about empowering the poor to create a sustainable future. The 18 month program has four periods: Period One: 3 Months - You will start your preparation at campus. You will learn about the forces that run the world, the big issues of our time, and the riches & potentials of the world. Period Two: 3 Months - You will study the new technologies shaping the future & expectations for the future. Period Three: 6 Months - You will be assigned to a development project of Humana People to People, where you will work together with the poor. Period Four: 6 Months - Back at campus you will integrate you experiences & share what you learned with the public. Serving as a Development Instructor in Africa for six months will introduce you to many new areas of sustainable growth for the world's poor. As you work and live alongside the poor you will be involved in one of the following projects : Teacher Training College, Farmers Club, Hope (HIV/AIDS support) Child Aid, TCE (Total Control of the Epidemic) This is a life changing opportunity. Join our team today to bring change to those in need! The 9 month Brazil program has 3 months preparation, 5 months travel and work in Brazil and 1 month evaluation period
Not only does this program allow you to become a certified Development Instructor who will assist others in rising out of poverty, but you will learn to live in community. Our programs offer you the opportunity to grow food, cook healthy meals, partner with international team members, attend classes, and so much more! Accommodations include courses, instruction, housing, meals, transportation, travel, certification, visas, vaccinations, international health insurance and much more.
- Setting Description:
- At one of our three locations you can sign up for our work-study programs: One World Center, Dowagiac, Michigan. One World Center, Williamstown, Massachusetts. St. Vincent, the Caribbean.
- There is an enrollment fee of $400. With this paid you have secured your spot on the team. Program fees range from $1,300 - $4,900 depending on the program selected. While working at the project in either Malawi, Mozambique, Zambia or Brazil you will get a place to stay and receive a stipend that will cover food and pocket money.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program