Sophisticated modeling and information technology now dominate the financial world. This modeling creates exciting openings for innovative, custom-designed instruments in the marketplace that allow you to turn financial theory into applied practice.<
- Brooklyn, United States
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Graduate Certificate
- Actuarial Science & Financial Engineering
- Program Description:
Sophisticated modeling and information technology now dominate the financial world. This modeling creates exciting openings for innovative, custom-designed instruments in the marketplace that allow you to turn financial theory into applied practice.
At NYU-Poly, we train our students to do exactly that. Our MS in Financial Engineering program furnishes you with foundational knowledge in financial concepts. This knowledge then becomes a springboard to specialized fields where you can apply concepts to everything from derivatives and securitization to algorithmic trading and data mining.
We offer your 4 specialty tracks to choose from:
- The Financial Markets and Corporate Finance track focuses on how to structure, value, market, and apply complex financial products. Our students wield sophisticated trading and risk management strategies and engineer solutions to today’s financial problems.
- The Financial Information Services and Technology (FIST) track is specifically designed for practicing financial services professionals who seek to transition into IT careers. We provide a basic look at financial products and their markets, along with a more advanced study of information technology.
- The Computational Finance track deals with the science behind financial engineering. We equip you with effective analytical and numerical techniques. Such methods generate the complex derivatives and computer models used by hedge funds, insurance companies, and other financial institutions.
- The Actuarial Science & Risk Management track capitalizes on the skills to assemble and analyze data to estimate the probability and likely costs of an event. The required courses in this track provide the background for the first four actuarial exams.
As a graduate of the MS program in Financi
Additional Program Information
- International Requirements:
- TOEFL, Certificate of Finances, Affadavit of Support
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program