- Brooklyn, United States
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Chemistry plays a role in almost everything we experience around us: the quality of our air, the fibers in our clothing, the contents of our food, and the medicine in our bodies. It’s no surprise that chemists find themselves contributing to increasingly specialized disciplines: biochemistry, electrochemistry, photochemistry, solid-state chemistry, chemical physics, and many others.
But before chemists can move into such specialties, they first need to learn the basics. NYU-Poly’s MS program in Chemistry gives you that foundation. After covering subjects ranging from statistical thermodynamics to organic spectroscopy, you’re free to explore your own interests in the health and industrial disciplines. Along the way, our respected faculty offers you guidance as you conduct investigative research and experiments.
Whatever your intended career path, we provide the tools for success. Some students choose to pursue advanced doctoral studies after the program. Others seek work at educational institutions, research institutes, industrial organizations, or government laboratories. For those already employed in a chemistry-related institution, exposure to the latest advances and practices in the field gives you the confidence and skills to climb ahead.
Goals and Objectives
Our aim with the MS program in Chemistry is to:
- Expand your technical skills beyond the undergraduate level;
- Ready you for advanced studies and focused research in a PhD program;
- Equip you with the breadth of knowledge to succeed in an evolving industrial environment; and
- Train you to perform at the mid-managerial level of the chemical industry or at other organizations involved in chemistry-related work.
Additional Program Information
- International Requirements:
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program