- Galway, Ireland
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
The Education in Ireland Summer School explores how historical, social and cultural perspectives and events have shaped how education in Ireland is practiced. The prevailing structure of educational activities is studied to allow reflective comparison of educational purposes, pedagogical approaches and philosophies against known fields of practice. The programme aims to develop a deep understanding of how education has been and continues to be shaped by political, cultural and economic concerns.
Lectures, seminars, meetings with Irish educators, visits to educational institutions, guided cultural tours, exposure to Irish music, language and theatre and access to relevant videotapes from the University library contribute to gaining insights into the evolution of educational practices.
Participants have the opportunity to meet with Irish educators during seminars and visits to educational and social institutions in urban and rural settings. Special arrangements for informal meetings between individual participants and their counterparts in Ireland will be facilitated during the programme. Guided cultural tours enable a realistic interaction with the music, language and people of Ireland.
Field trips are an important part of the Education in Ireland Programme. Students will visit Inishbofin Island, Omey Island, The Burren, Coole Park, Dysert O’Dea Castle, Kylemore Abbey and Clonmacnoise.
- Setting Description:
- NUI Galway campus, Galway, Ireland
- 2,200.00 EUR. Tuition and Fees 2,200 euro plus additional Accommodation costs €840.00 (approx) in student residences
Additional Program Information
- While there are no specific entry requirements, the programme is particularly suitable for graduate students and post-doctoral researchers focusing on: • Global perspectives in education • International education and curriculum • Comparative and international education • Intercultural education • International training and education • International perspectives in education policy, planning and practice • Teacher research (Kindergarten, Elementary, Middle, and High School)
- Scholarships Description:
- Applicants may apply for one of two Education in Ireland Scholarships worth €1,100 which cover 50% of the tuition fees. The balance and accommodation costs must be covered by the applicant. See website for more details.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program