Design a fully comprehensive program to meet area of focus - Flexibility to participate in language Refresher phase one in Seville, Salamanca, Barcelona, and Madrid - Requesting and receiving background information on all internship candidates providing g
- Cadiz, Spain; Granada, Spain; Malaga, Spain; Sevilla, Spain; Salamanca, Spain; Barcelona, Spain; Madrid, Spain
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Rolling Starts, Spring Break, Spring Semester, Summer, Year Round
- Work Types:
- Business, Social Sciences
- Program Description:
- This program has been developed to help participants with an alternative training and background so they can be better candidates for future jobs. We develop all, the intensive language programs and the work placement in many of our companies inside our broad database. The duration range of the program may go from 3 months to a year. Depending on how long the participant will live in Seville, we organize different cultural programs and visits so he/she will get the most of this city, its business and inhabitants.
* Work placement description:
For the work experience, we require a minimum of three-month stay in order to make the appropriate arrangements with our cooperative companies. The participants will work the same hours and use the same timetables as their co-workers, normally 7 hours per day schedule. Depending on the internship focus, the requirements and work pattern of the chosen company, the work hours may be vary. The participants will not be paid by the company therefore they will sign an agreement (not a contract) that will establish their rights and duties. There will have regular meeting with both the participant and the companies to check the progress of the program.
* Placements sites:
We can offer work placements in many areas in Seville, and its surroundings.
Specialized training programs are provided in several companies in Seville. Work placement are provided with companies in the following sectors:
Legal Services, Wood Products, Transport, Logistics, Telecommunications, Multimedia, Motor Vehicles, Automobile Sales, Metal Products, Metallurgy, Media, Communication, Mechanical Engineering, Machinery, Installation, Maintenance, Repair, Information Technology, Computers, Software, Graphic Industry, Publishing, Printing, Environment, Entrepreneurship, Electrical Engineering, Automation, Crafts and Design, Construction, Building, Marketing, Biology, Hotel & Tourism, Theater, Handicraft Restoration, Social Work (Other sectors available also)
* Spanish as a Second Language:
All participants will attend a Spanish intensive course for at least 40 hours in over 2 weeks in order to improve their communications skills, so they can be more effective functioning in a Spanish work environment. All courses are taught by qualified and experienced Spanish as second language teachers that already understand the necessities for our participant and teacher adequate courses material for their needs.
* Participant Reception:
Participants of the incoming program are welcomed at the airport terminal and directed to their new home. The person or persons who are in charge of this issue are bilingual (Spanish-English) in order to make the welcome time more comfortable for both participants and us.
The day after the arrival, we meet the group and introduce them to the tutor who will be in charge of their group, until the end of the program. Then the language course starts.
* Transportation (local, airport):
We offer local airport transfer for groups (arrival and departure), and we also provide each participant with a public transportation month-to-month pass if required.
Housing arrangements can be made by the housing services offered by NIK-LAS. We have our own database for students and other participant housing. Depending on the number of people for group, we can offer a student residence as shown in the budget, where participants get to know other students and learn the Spanish university way of life. We usually host our participants in double rooms but we can also provide singles upon request. Since Leonardo da Vinci program has a foreign exchange student personality we get rooms into local families or other student homes so it is easier for the participant to get involved in our society and language and, by doing so, get the most of their experience.
* Socio-cultural activities:
We enjoy sharing moments with our visitors so we put a lot of emphasis on this part of the program. Seville has it all, is a perfect place to visit and due to the weather, the city is alive all year long.
We organize different socio-cultural activities such as visits to: monuments, museums, bullring, and parks, nearby cities....
We suggest that the participant provide their own student insurance (medical/civil liability), because usually it is easier to get it in the country of origin nevertheless, we can provide participants with an insurance policy that covers civil liabilities. Insurance coverage for each individual is compulsory.
At the end of the program, participants will receive a certificate showing the experience and language level earned by each student.
* Structure of Program:
The Seville Internship Program consists of 2 phases:
1st: minimum 2 weeks of Intensive Spanish language (Seville).
2nd: the internship placement, lasting a minimum of 3 months (Seville).
I Part - Course:
The program is designed to help improve your effectiveness as a Spanish Speaker, so
Design a fully comprehensive program to meet area of focus - Flexibility to participate in language Refresher phase one in Seville, Salamanca, Barcelona, and Madrid - Requesting and receiving background information on all internship candidates providing guidelines for the preparation of the professional resume in Spanish, interviewing each candidate, and drawing up a list of possible internship placements; - Conferring with the candidates via e-mail or telephone to confirm area of interest and counsel on professional experience options; - Approaching the sponsoring institutions and achieving placements; - Maintaining contact with both the candidates and the sponsoring organizations to ensure that the internships run smoothly; - Intervening to resolve any difficulties or misunderstandings between the clients and the corporate sponsors, to assure mutual satisfaction. Special Offers 2011 - 20% discount off tuition cost for 65 days early booking. - 10% off lodging for 6 weeks stay in Flat share. - 15% off tuition cost for registration completion before Jan 31st for Spring programs - 15% off tuition cost for registration completion before April 30th for Summer programs
Internships are educational and are therefore unpaid. The company, though, reserves the right to make a contribution to the participant if they so choose.
- Setting Description:
- his program is focused on helping improve the skills of job seekers, students, apprentices, young professionals and new graduates. The age range goes from 18 and above. * Minimum required Spanish level: Intermediate * Resume either in Spanish or English, depending on the student's stronger language. * Short essay (1-2 pages) in Spanish: the student has to focus on the kind of experience he/she wants to have, what he/she wants to learn, what kind of internship the student prefers, and why. The student has to send the documents by e-mail.
- Special Offers 2013: - 15% discount off tuition cost for 90 days early booking. - 10% off lodging for 8+ weeks stay in Flat share. - 15% off tuition cost for registration completion before January 1st for Spring start dates - 15% off tuition cost for registration completion before April 1st for Summer start dates
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program