NYU Prague offers students the remarkable opportunity to study under the guidance of leading scholars and artists from the Czech Republic while benefiting from fully staffed, NYU-owned facilities that include computer labs, lounges, practice space for mu
- Prague, Czech Republic
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
- The NYU Prague curriculum takes advantage of the cultural legacy of the Czech Republic and the historic transformations of contemporary Central Europe. Language courses are available in Czech, German, Polish, and Russian. The director of NYU Prague, Jiri Pehe, served on former president Vaclav Havel's political cabinet. Other faculty members include Czech ambassadors, politicians, artists, and composers.
NYU Prague offers students the remarkable opportunity to study under the guidance of leading scholars and artists from the Czech Republic while benefiting from fully staffed, NYU-owned facilities that include computer labs, lounges, practice space for music majors, and darkrooms for photography majors.
Need- and merit-based scholarships are available.
- Setting Description:
- The NYU Prague academic center is situated at Male Namesti in two 15th-century buildings steps away from the gothic and baroque architecture of Old Town Square. Students live in residence halls just a short ride away in the neighborhoods of Vinohrady, Nusle, and Holesovice. NYU staff members plan trips that take students to the medieval villages of Moravia, the Karlstejn Castle, or the Sedlec Ossuary.
- The most up-to-date tuition is available at our website
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- Students can transfer their federal financial aid from their home institution to help pay for their tuition at NYU Shanghai. Visit the financial aid office at your home school to learn more about consortium agreements.