NYU Florence offers students an extraordinary opportunity to live and study in the majestic setting of La Pietra, a breathtaking 57-acre estate located on a hilltop overlooking the Duomo. Courses are offered in English and Italian. During the spring semes
- Florence, Italy
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Break, Summer, Winter Semester
- Program Description:
- Approximately 375 undergraduates per semester study the history of Italy and its extraordinary cultural legacy of art, literature, philosophy, and architecture as well as the political, cultural, economic, and social issues that are shaping the future of Europe. Students experience modern Italian living while exploring the city’s past as the birthplace of the Renaissance.
NYU Florence offers students an extraordinary opportunity to live and study in the majestic setting of La Pietra, a breathtaking 57-acre estate located on a hilltop overlooking the Duomo. Courses are offered in English and Italian. During the spring semester, students with advanced language proficiency may take courses taught in Italian at the University of Florence.
Need- and merit-based scholarships are available.
- Setting Description:
- The La Pietra estate comprises five villas that offer an extraordinary academic environment. The main villa houses an impressive early Renaissance art and furniture collection. Music practice rooms and art studios are onsite. Students may live in residence halls on the estate, in downtown apartments, or in homestays with Italian families.
- The most up-to-date tuition is available at our website
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- Students can transfer their federal financial aid from their home institution to help pay for their tuition at NYU Shanghai. Visit the financial aid office at your home school to learn more about consortium agreements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program