- Perth, Australia
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Clinical Psychology, Clinical Psychology
- Program Description:
This professionally-accredited course adheres to a scientist-practitioner model which stresses a systematic problem-solving approach. Its objective is to prepare psychologists who are skilled in individual casework and can apply their skills and knowledge to prevention, research, development, and evaluation at the individual and system levels.
The course consists of two years of full-time study The course includes coursework, practicum, and research components which will qualify them as clinical psychologists at Master's degree level.
Candidates undertake at least three approved placements. The University cooperates with the Commonwealth and State Public Services, such as the Department of Health, Department for Community Development, Department of Justice, Disability Services Commission, WA Police Service and other public and private services and facilities in Western Australia to provide practicum opportunities. Candidates must include at least one placement in an adult clinical facility, one in a child clinical facility, and one in a rehabilitation facility; two of these placements must be external to the University.
Additional Program Information
- This course is fully accredited by the Australian Psychology Accreditation Council (APAC), and is recognised as such by the Australian Psychological Society (APS) and the Psychology Board of Australia (PBA)
- Financial Aid:
- FinancialAid Info:
- Approved for US Financial Aid Loans, including Direct Loans, US Department of Veteran Affairs Loans as well as Canadian Student Loans and Grants
- Scholarships Description:
- Murdoch University International Welcome Scholarship
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program