- Chinchina, Colombia
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Spring Break, Summer
- Work Types:
- Sciences & Environment
- Program Description:
EMAS is a leading Colombian waste management organization that is heavily committed to helping develop a culture of environmental consciousness within the communities they service. They see themselves as a pivotal educational institution with the social responsibility to maintain their cities safe & clean from waste. They invest heavily in educational campaigns in order to affect long-term societal attitudes towards promoting sustainable management of natural resources by decreasing waste and increasing recycling habits by the community. The participant will have the opportunity to help manage and/or improve processes for collecting, sorting and disposing of all types of waste and recycle materials. Also, interns will participate in community outreach campaigns to analyze social behavior in order to determine what waste management methods must be used. Chosen candidates will also learn how the cleanliness and the chosen processes for maintaining the city affect the environment that we live in.
- Gain an understanding of how a waste management system works to maintain the environment.
- Understand how social behavior relates to the types of methods that need to be used to maintain good management of the environment.
- Be more competent in the planning and integration of new waste management policies.
Be able to create analytical and statistical quality reports.
- Understand the processes of collection, transport, treatment and disposal of waste with monitoring and regulations.
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- Discount based financial circumstances and need & match within the community for volunteer's existing skills.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program