- Chinchina, Colombia
- Program Type:
- Volunteer Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Work Types:
- Children, Education, Social Services
- 1-2 weeks
- Program Description:
Fundacion Vida Plan & Saludable is a non-profit organization founded by three local women committed to develop their community’s first quality special education facility. They are are a dentist, a physical therapist and a special education teacher. They are examplary in their dedication and commitment to bring this project to life over the last couple of years. You will now only learn from three professions within their field, but you will spend time with three of the most resilient women you will ever meet. Your work will not only further your global perspective of special education, but will also bring important visibility, legitimacy, and respect to those community organizations and partners working with students with special needs.
- As a Minga House Special Education Intern at Fundacion Vida Plena & Saludable, your work to examine and improve education will make a difference in the future of children, and will help to break down barriers and stereotypes.
- With your community mentor, you’ll learn about the obstacles faced by community organizations working to provide quality educational opportunities.
- You will work with students and teachers who face a diverse range of challenges, share special education techniques and work individually with students to gain practical experience.
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- Discount based financial circumstances and need & match within the community for volunteer's existing skills.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program