- Chinchina, Colombia
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Spring Break, Summer
- Work Types:
- Program Description:
Project-based experience surrounding real local community projects by Universidad Catolica de Manizales (UCM) in areas such as access to potable water, treatment of residual water, risk assessment of climate change, cleaner production systems in farms, integral management of solid waste, conservation plans of ecosystems and areas of protection of environmental importance.
Participants will experience:
- Develop professional skills, by meeting people working on environmental issues, and to deepen the understanding of socially relevant environmental problems.
- Enhance understanding of the complex nature of socially relevant environmental problems and the research approaches used to address them.
- Learn how scientific evidence is used to inform decision-making and policy in regards to environmental problems.
- Learn how to effectively develop and carry out intervention plans for vulnerable populations.
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- Discount based financial circumstances and need & match within the community for volunteer's existing skills.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program