- Chinchina, Colombia
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Spring Break, Summer
- Work Types:
- Sciences & Environment
- Program Description:
EMAS is a leading Colombian waste management organization that is heavily committed to helping develop a culture of environmental consciousness within the communities they service. They see themselves as a pivotal educational institution with the social responsibility to maintain their cities safe & clean from waste. They invest heavily in educational campaigns in order to affect long-term societal attitudes towards promoting sustainable management of natural resources by decreasing waste and increasing recycling habits by the community. The participant will have the opportunity to help manage and/or improve processes for collecting, sorting and disposing of all types of waste and recycle materials. Also, interns will participate in community outreach campaigns to analyze social behavior in order to determine what waste management methods must be used. Chosen candidates will also learn how the cleanliness and the chosen processes for maintaining the city affect the environment that we live in. The intern’s principle task will be to assist in designing and implementing new recycling strategies and learn the environmental reasons for needing to create them.
Internship Learning Objectives:
- Understand how truly beneficial recycling is for the environment and for citizens in cities.
- Be competent in creating recycling strategies to be able to reduce the exploitation of resources.
- Have better knowledge in the different types of waste and how each one must be recycled in its own way.
- Be competent in the process of recycling and how society can monetarily benefit from recycling.
- Learn how to develop incentives for companies to design products that use less resources, contain less toxic substances and easier to be recycled.
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- Discount based financial circumstances and need & match within the community for volunteer's existing skills.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program