- Chinchina, Colombia
- Program Type:
- Volunteer Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Work Types:
- Animals, Social Services
- 1-2 weeks
- Program Description:
Colombia has 1889 species of birds! 20% of the world’s birds! Plus 197 migratory birds from North America call Colombia their winter home! Learn more about tropical ecology, bird biology and conservation! Gain hands-on experience and practical research skills! Participate in campaigns on a variety of environmental issues; to assist in the provision of a comprehensive Environmental Health Service which will focus on the local environment through a combination of advice and education.
- Participate in the long-term monitoring of the bird communities in the nature reserve and its surroundings.
- Gain theoretical and practical knowledge in tropical bird biology
- Participate in all daily work related with the conservation of the nature reserve
- Discover what practical conservation work looks like
- Clean and care for the bird feeding stations
- Formulate ideas that lead to the conservation of local & migratory species
- Document the phenomena related to birds, fish, reptiles and other species
- Educate the public and local volunteers on issues related to the species at bird sanctuary
- Maintain record of observations on the park
- Accompany team to local conservation workshops
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- Discount based financial circumstances and need & match within the community for volunteer's existing skills.